Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been sitting for almost two months on that thing they call 51 when they started to have problems with these cars why didnt they just build me another car that would ship right off the line and take my old car and fix it and send it for dealer stock somewhere just another thought cant understand why they hold these cars this long and pisssssss people off im one of those pisssssssssssed off ones

·
Registered
213 Posts
My car has been sitting for almost two months on that thing they call 51 when they started to have problems with these cars why didnt they just build me another car that would ship right off the line and take my old car and fix it and send it for dealer stock somewhere just another thought cant understand why they hold these cars this long and pisssssss people off im one of those pisssssssssssed off ones
Thought I'll probably never find out what the issue was, that's exactly what Ford did for me...my GT/CS was built on 5/4 and has been sitting on Ramp 51 since...well, they informed me this week that my was was not going to be shipped and that they would fast-track a replacement...I asked my dealer how Ford defines "fast-track" and he said probably be built by next week...we'll see...

·
Registered
27 Posts
they informed me this week that my was was not going to be shipped and that they would fast-track a replacement
I actually hope this happens to me. Then I would probably get a car that doesn't have any quality issues and hasn't been exposed to the elements for two months. Plus I'd probably get it faster!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thought I'll probably never find out what the issue was, that's exactly what Ford did for me...my GT/CS was built on 5/4 and has been sitting on Ramp 51 since...well, they informed me this week that my was was not going to be shipped and that they would fast-track a replacement...I asked my dealer how Ford defines "fast-track" and he said probably be built by next week...we'll see...
"Built by next week"??? Getting it built quickly isn't necessarily the problem, mine was built 4/26....then disappeared. I got an ETA date of 5/4 as soon as it was built, and that is STILL my official ETA date...over a month late now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Easy for me to say since I haven't ordered yet, but I'd be demanding a replacemnet car, no matter how long it took. There is obviously something seriously wrong with the units that aren't being shipped, I'd back far away from those! And to add insult to injury, way back in '99 when I received a new white mustang Cobra, there was minute specks of rust colored dust all over the outside of the car from sitting back there for almost a month, some had actually eaten into the clearcoat! They called it "rail dust"! I was able to wax most of it out, but what a pain!

·
Registered
213 Posts
"Built by next week"??? Getting it built quickly isn't necessarily the problem, mine was built 4/26....then disappeared. I got an ETA date of 5/4 as soon as it was built, and that is STILL my official ETA date...over a month late now.
I kinda get the feeling that current builds don't have the issue of the earlier ones...

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car built 5/12 and was supposed to be here 6/4 and it didnt but I wasnt expecting it so no biggie. However a guy bought his 5.0 auto mustang one week before mine and got it a few days ago. Mines an auto too so if he got it a few days ago and the auto dont have anything going on then maybe ill see it by thursday but whatever I guess thinking its gonna come around late Juhe or July would be about right. I ordered it in Feb too. I was shooting the bleeze with my saleman Bart and he said something kinda interesting about new cars or trucks always being delayed and that if even one of them has a start problem then they hold them all till they sort it out. Thought id pass that along to the masses waiting as that seemed more viable than anything else ive heard. Go us!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My dealership reordered a manual for me, to replace the automatic I had ordered in February, that was bulit on April 13th, and is still sitting in Area 51. They said that it would be fast tracked as well, and I got my VIN number a week ago, but still no further word. It has been 4 months since my original order, and I am ready

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know one thing, im not waiting two months after a car is built to get it. Ill be sitting in something else. 5/20 build date. Ronn

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think I'm feeling a little better about this deal, I understand that cars being built NOW or OK and will ship normally. I ordered back on 1/30 and just know got a VIN. The build date is 6/8 and the ETA is 6/13 (we'll see).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cant see howit can be a trans or motor issue because they are all mass produced the same way it has to be something stupid. I will get answers tomorrow or im done

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mine was built 4/20 and my dealer called Friday (4 Jun) and said it was supposed to be here next Friday (11 Jun). ETA was 12 Jun moved to 30 May so we're back to the original eta now. Got my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine was built 4/20 and my dealer called Friday (4 Jun) and said it was supposed to be here next Friday (11 Jun). ETA was 12 Jun moved to 30 May so we're back to the original eta now. Got my fingers crossed!
I gave my dealer until Friday to come up with:

1) A real ETA
2) A concrete reason for the hold
3) My $500 deposit

I'm not "waiting" indefinitely for no reason any more for something I have no idea when I'll see. As summer gets closer and the incentives seem to go away I'm more inclined to wait until incentives get really good. If the car comes in and I haven't bought/ordered somewhere else, they can call me and I'll buy it with the same expectations of incentives I had when I ordered the first one. ETA was 5/14. Car was built 5/4. Been sitting ever since.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hope they fast track me a replacement as well. Mine was built the same day and has been on the infamous ramp ever since. I think I'll call AAI again tomorrow and see what the heck is going on???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mustang

Im in the same boat, the dealer contacted me today, with saying that my 2011 GT will probably not show until the end of August, ordered Jan 20th 2010! So I said I want my deposit, im going to another dealer and ordering a 2011 GT/CS tommorow....I never thought getting a car would be such a pain in the ass.....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
231 Posts
End of August, thats sad. Sounds like your dealer didnt do something right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I actually hope this happens to me. Then I would probably get a car that doesn't have any quality issues and hasn't been exposed to the elements for two months. Plus I'd probably get it faster!
Fast Track might mean "thrown together"... j/k :D

I hope they fast track me a replacement as well. Mine was built the same day and has been on the infamous ramp ever since. I think I'll call AAI again tomorrow and see what the heck is going on???
If you don't mind sharing, what is the phone number to AAI?
Who would I need to speak to for info on my car?

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you don't mind sharing, what is the phone number to AAI?
Who would I need to speak to for info on my car?
Dial 1-800-392-3673

Press 1

Press 4

Press 1

Press 2

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.