Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my latest mod. It should eliminate the sagging rear end when you put 2 people in the rear seats.

Latest Mod

·
Registered
829 Posts
thump_rrr said:
I just completed my latest mod. It should eliminate the sagging rear end when you put 2 people in the rear seats.

Latest Mod
I see... and so much easier on the back when lifting bales in and out of the trunk too. Nice.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
wow, how high is that off the ground?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Awesome. Hopefully you have the front set up the same way.

Next step real full-time four wheel drive and knobby tires!
MonsterSTANG!:happyhapp

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry,

I haven't fallen on my head.
I had removed the Adjustable Third Link for my winter maintenance.
I opened the garage door and event though the car was on jackstands it looked like it was driveable so I took the pic.
I thought everyone could use a chuckle.:laughlitt

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks like a late 60's early 70's type of mod. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
829 Posts
RPM said:
Looks like a late 60's early 70's type of mod. :eyepoppin
Oh how true~! I remember the FIRST mod anyone did was air shocks and they were on extensions too! And also the blocks for the springs et cetera. Anything to get that rear in the air. Some cars dog tracked so bad because of the geometry errors too. So true.... crazy things man.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gig4Fun said:
Oh how true~! I remember the FIRST mod anyone did was air shocks and they were on extensions too! And also the blocks for the springs et cetera. Anything to get that rear in the air. Some cars dog tracked so bad because of the geometry errors too. So true.... crazy things man.
My neighbor had a 73 Dart Swinger that was jacked up so high thet if he was rear ended they would run into the gas tank.

·
Registered
785 Posts
thump_rrr said:

Latest Mod
Thump_rrr:

Is it my imagination, or is one side of the car higher than the other. I think I have the same thing in my stock GT.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
J&D said:
Thump_rrr:

Is it my imagination, or is one side of the car higher than the other. I think I have the same thing in my stock GT.

Anyone else?
Read further down the thread. The car is sitting on jackstands. The garage floor is sloped to the left towards the drain

·
Registered
785 Posts
thump_rrr said:
Read further down the thread. The car is sitting on jackstands. The garage floor is sloped to the left towards the drain
Doh! Blame it on short attention span!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
hey thump_rrr, i kinda like it. you got this "2005 Mustang GT Stink Bug" thing going on....:eyepoppin im thinking if you lift the front a bit, and weld on some exhaust extenstions and mandrel bend them upward so it can exhale above the shallow water and take that baby down to the river.....:tongue .........300hp river bed racer..:laughlitt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts