Ford Mustang Forum banner

Just crashed the stang...

5K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  Jaydiggs 
#1 ·
Not getting into details, but low story short i ran into a light pole. I've had this car for more than two years, had it built just for me the way i wanted... its hard to see this happen to it. facepalm2.gif
You guys think its totaled? The car is an '12 with about 28k miles on it.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not to sound like a smartalic or anything but foes it still turn over? And what happens when you hit the gas? ifthe motor still turns i'd say slap a salvaged title on it, replace that hood bumper and fenders and call it a day! Nice car i'd never sell it.

#4 ·
yeah it still runs. Its more than the hood and bumper. Radiator is busted and was leaking all over the place, impact bar is bent at a 45, airbag went off, hood is gone, bumper is gone, grille is gone....

#5 ·
Ya it sounds bad, new steering wheels are a pain to install. But your baby still RUNS as long as the motor is untouched you owe it to that beautiful machine to restore the trivial things and even the more major ones (bent impact bar and radiator are the big ones, everything else is trivial) I just went through the same thing trust me you will be happy you did.

And after you finish I bet you will be more careful with those parking lot donuts! (Assuming that was the situation) Take my advice man. Find the parts on amazon r at pick n pull heck even check out AmericanMuscle.com if you can afford brand new parts. And get to work! good luck. wrenchin.gif

#6 ·
She'll live to see the road again. Could have been worse. It's good you're okay though. Nows probably a good chance to slap on the Shelby front or some projectors. That's what I would be looking at if I were in your situation. Either way, good luck j rambo

#7 ·
Speaking as someone who has been there, it doesn't look totaled.
Replacing the airbag is a real PITA as they will likely have to replace the module and sensors as well. They are not cheap.
Let us know what your adjuster says.

#8 ·
Ouch...well that just ruined my morning....

Nah it doesn't look totaled, and you're here to post about it so I guess its not too bad.

I really hate it when those lightpole's jump out in the middle of the road at the last second :nono:

#9 ·
I always hate to see thread titles like this. It can be fixed and what counts your okay. Hope we never see another crashed mustang as we all know it can happen to anyone of us.

#10 ·
Sorry to see that man. There's probably around $10,000 worth of damage there, but I think your car is worth quite a bit more than that. Ultimately its up to the insurance company but I think they'll try to fix it.

#11 ·
G
#12 ·
From the pics of the damage, I don't think its totalled. Upsetting, yes, but gone for good, no way. That is repairable.
If the engine were in the front seat.....then maybe totalled.

Glad u r OK, sorry bout the car.
Did you have good coverage etc with a reputable co? It does pay to have the best coverage you can afford, for instances such as this.

Let us know what happens please, it could be another one of us next time.

Randy

#13 ·
Sorry to hear about this glad you are ok though! From one performance white owner to another. Here is your chance to really get this car looking mean. Steering wheels are super easy to install its the airbag that is going to suck. Other than that a upgraded hood, grill, fascia, and bumper would look great. Than just replace the radiator and what ever is busted with oem. Hope it works out!

#14 ·
what's the name of the body colored metal piece in the front of the engine bay... The one where the hood latch is located? This is bent too.

#18 ·
Honestly, i hope they write it off. Do i really want to drive a car that's been rebuilt? The car wont be the same and its going to take a massive hit when I sell it.

#21 ·
It's probably more than $5k

This little bit of damage was $1365 right here:

The only other thing that you can't see in the pics is the plastic radiator shroud. That was all caused by a moron in a SUV that thought the front end of the Mustang was the perfect place to park while backing up. Car was 1 month old........

OP I really don't think its that bad though. It looks like a pretty straight on hit, so they should be able to fix it up good as new and you won't be able to tell the difference. I didn't see any outward damage that would make me think that more investigation of the suspension geometry (etc) is needed. The big expenses are gonna be in the hood, bumper, steering wheel/airbag, the radiator bracing and radiator itself. Then the grill and fogs and the plastic shroud-I'm guessing closer to $10k but still less than what the car is worth so I don't believe they will total it.

#23 ·
Get the car fixed, keep it 10 years, resale won't matter after that time. Condition will drive your price. My son's Focus was a near total at a week old, (not even his fault, he was T-boned by a Dodge Cummins) against my advice, he turned it in 4 years later, he got HOSED on the trade in! The only way out is to keep the car as long as possible as transportation. A good shop will make that car look like brand new. My son's Focus had the whole rear quarter, side doors, and air bags replaced, the car drove fine, and the repairs were perfect. Don't sweat it, that damage isn't bad.

#33 ·
Not always. My `99 Cobra was hit in 2000. They had to replace the airbag. When I tried to trade it on my `13 Mustang, the crappy dealer told me that since it had an airbag deployment, even though it was 14 years ago & the car was repaired & sold 7 times after that, that they could not sell it & would do me a "favor" & give me $2000 for it. I would not go back to MCcafferty Ford in Langhorne Pa, if they were the last dealer in the state.soapbox.gif

PS: That`s not the only reason I won`t go back. I won`t get into the new Explorer I ordered, waited 8 weeks for, & when it came in- they sold it to someone else.

#25 ·
Sorry to see this johnrambo007! I'm glad you made it out okay though. I agree with everyone else who says it doesn't appear to be totaled. This may not be a bad thing either. Any decent auto body shop should be able to take care of you and have the car straight as an arrow.

Either way, I hope things go in your favor!

Shane

#27 ·
Sucks man I've been there. 15k damage and no total. Looked way worse than yours. She'll be fine.

#28 ·
#29 ·
I think it will not be totalled out, looks to easy to fix.

#30 ·
Ya rebuild it and don't plan to sell it for a while is your best bet . Sorry to see that done but try to find some positives get some new parts and make her brand new

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.