Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I came across this differential and thought it was pretty cool:
Auburn Gear ECTED - Ford Mustang

I was just wondering if i could throw this in my rear end with new 8.8 in gears and axles? cause i was looking to beef up my 7.5 rear end to 3.73 gears. I know 8.8in won't give me any extra power it can just handle more power if i have it. haha. which i don't. I just kinda like the feature of being able to flip a switch and lock up the diff. Thats pretty sweet. So just wondering, thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
For spool like performance....cool.

But my motto is keep it lean and clean, no add ons when possible...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Well it would probably be cool. But do you need spool like performance?

I know my 8.8 w/ 373 works real good.

I was just reading about Posi gear kits for the 7.5, I believe the 7.5 could be reliable up to a good amount of HP.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
"Limited Slip Differential. A Limited Slip Differential (LSD) sometimes referred to as a "Posi" will allow both rear wheels to put the power down on the pavement giving you better traction and more impressive burnouts. So stop doing those ridiculous one wheel burn outs and upgrade to a Ford Racing 7.5" 28 Spline Traction-LOK Limited Slip Differential from AmericanMuscle."

Thats a good pitch too lol

But theres some guys there saying they put a 410 in it...

Ford Racing 7.5" 28 Spline Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
A well built 7.5" rear can handle 400RWHP, the only real issue is that it is more cost effective to build up a 8.8" or better yet, a 9" if you are gonna approach that power level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.