Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a 2012 Mustang V6 Premium w/Mustang Club of America package on Saturday.

Black leather, 6-speed manual, 3.31 rear end, and a couple other options--- Last 'Stang I drove was dad's 1998 Mustang GT 4.6l back in my high school days, and I still can't believe this Mustang is a 6-banger. The Kona Blue Metallic color is badass too. Definitely changes color based on lighting conditions.

The best part was I had to drive it 200mi back to home from Houston, so I really got to have some fun just cruising. Don't tell the rest of the forum, but I drove the first 20mi or so in 5th gear because I totally forgot I had another gear! (Other car is a 5-speed). Still got just a titch over 28mpg on the drive home (admittedly according to the trip computer) at 70-75mph with A/C on. :bounce2: Double overdrive is the bee's knees!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats! Looks terrific :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
585 Posts
Seeing new photos of a Kona Blue MCA is driving me nuts! I want mine NOW!!! :kooky:

Congrats on your new Mustang, she's a beauty! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seeing new photos of a Kona Blue MCA is driving me nuts! I want mine NOW!!! :kooky:

Congrats on your new Mustang, she's a beauty! :bigthumbsup
You won't regret it. I loved the color from just seeing pictures, and trust me when I say it just can't be captured well in a photo. The color is so 'deep'! Hope you get your car soon! I couldn't wait for a custom order due to timing issues with my job, so I ended up going out of state about 200mi to get one from dealer stock in Houston!

·
Registered
585 Posts
You won't regret it. I loved the color from just seeing pictures, and trust me when I say it just can't be captured well in a photo. The color is so 'deep'!
The dealer I ordered from actually had a Kona Blue MCA on their lot when I ordered. Looked absolutely awesome in person! Would have been nice to just pick up the one they had right there, but I had to have all my extra bells and whistles :gringreen

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
She's a keeper Sarge! Congrats!:cheers

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Wow. What a beautiful Mustang. Great choice!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has begun. Added an Airaid CAI and 93 Bama 'hybrid' street/perf tune...

·
Registered
269 Posts
It has begun. Added an Airaid CAI and 93 Bama 'hybrid' street/perf tune...

Car looks great man! Enjoy it for the 4th and thank you for your service!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Damn... Your fast!!
looks fantastic

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's like I have a twin, although not identical. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Took the 'Stang to the local Mustang guy @ Ryan's Performance.

Came out with 287RWHP / 257lb-ft @ 94deg ambient. Not bad for a CAI/tune, considering stock I was looking at 305 at the crank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.