Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a call form the engineer at AFCO racing that designed My LT's. He is wanting to "borrow" my car again, this time for an all aluminum radiator. No power gains, but freebies always get me excited!

He also mentioned some of the other products they were working on, just completed. Including a new LT headers/X pipe for the Boss which retains the factory side pipes(put out 408 at the wheels on the Dyno they use, my car stock was 352(14.5% driveline loss), with headers peak HP was 378), this new BOSS X-pipe should be able to be used by anyone with the 11+ 5.0 Dynatech Supermaxx LT's and allow for easy installation of the BOSS side exhaust:gringreen.

FYI, the BOSS stock dyno peaked HP at 368(17% driveline loss).......16HP more than my car stock:grinroll::nogrinner:D:gringreen.

He also mentioned he had just completed the Headers for the 11+ Challenger R/T's with the 5.7, said stock it was 322, after headers it was putting out 344 at the wheels:nono:.

The dyno they use normally has lower numbers than everyone elses, but these guys design parts for nascar, and the Dyno facility they use is ran by a guy that builds Carbs for Nascar. So the numbers may be low, but they are consistent across the board, and likely more accurately calibrated than most dyno facilities.
--------------------------------------------------

More to follow, still working and I had to cut the call short:banghead:....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just received a call form the engineer at AFCO racing that designed My LT's. He is wanting to "borrow" my car again, this time for an all aluminum radiator. No power gains, but freebies always get me excited!

He also mentioned some of the other products they were working on, just completed. Including a new LT headers/X pipe for the Boss which retains the factory side pipes(put out 408 at the wheels on the Dyno they use, my car stock was 352(14.5% driveline loss), with headers peak HP was 378), this new BOSS X-pipe should be able to be used by anyone with the 11+ 5.0 Dynatech Supermaxx LT's and allow for easy installation of the BOSS side exhaust:gringreen.

FYI, the BOSS stock dyno peaked HP at 368(17% driveline loss).......16HP more than my car stock:grinroll::nogrinner:D:gringreen.

He also mentioned he had just completed the Headers for the 11+ Challenger R/T's with the 5.7, said stock it was 322, after headers it was putting out 344 at the wheels:nono:.

The dyno they use normally has lower numbers than everyone elses, but these guys design parts for nascar, and the Dyno facility they use is ran by a guy that builds Carbs for Nascar. So the numbers may be low, but they are consistent across the board, and likely more accurately calibrated than most dyno facilities.
--------------------------------------------------

More to follow, still working and I had to cut the call short:banghead:....
Kind of off topic, but you seem to have good connections with Dynatech.... What is your opinion on their long tube 5.0 Coyote headers? Fit and finish? Do they have merge spikes to help the exhaust flow at the collector? Not sure how Dynatech compares to the standby Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works, etc. Are they in that league or should I compare them to BBK, JBA, Pypes, etc.?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My opinion is that they are great. They have revised the headers to increase the height of the merge collectors, which is my only complaint with them. The sound they produce with the stock overaxle and mufflers is phenomenal, and the power is great, especially low end tq from 1500 rpm's to 4000 rpms. This may help you more, link to instal instruction with a little more info. Yes, that's my dirty white car you are looking at.

http://www.dynatechheaders.com/instructions/Mustang50_11.pdf

G

·
0 Posts
Boy I'd love to be in your shoes! I though testing out a steel-braided clutch line was cool! When I'm looking at headers I'd actually rather have the parts that fit best with the most clearance, power would be secondary. How is the fit and clearance around the body and stuff like the steering shaft?

On a side-note do me a favor and forget all that drivetrain loss percentages as they offer nothing as far as insight and accuracy.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boy I'd love to be in your shoes! I though testing out a steel-braided clutch line was cool! When I'm looking at headers I'd actually rather have the parts that fit best with the most clearance, power would be secondary. How is the fit and clearance around the body and stuff like the steering shaft?

On a side-note do me a favor and forget all that drivetrain loss percentages as they offer nothing as far as insight and accuracy.

after a year and a half and almost 20k miles, they have never caused any concerns other than hanging a little low from the collectors to the X pipe(about 1/2 inch lower than stock H), which I was told has been resolved. Going to ask if I can get the new design(for free of course) so I can lower my car a little bit. As it sits now I could only get away with the 55D's. They do excellent work and are extremely professional. I have never been one to just hand someone over my keys and feel comfortable driving away, but with AFCO I have no worries. Take a look at the link, plenty of pictures that show clearances, plus you get an intimate view of the underside of my car!

The drivetrain losses, or power differences, offer some sort of insight, although not as accurate as we would like, but they are likely more accurate than any other information out there:nono:, or at least that I've seen:bigthumbsup. AFCO wouldn't Dyno my car unless I had the same gas from the same station in the tank as the baseline run, now that's classy, and I'm sure they are still doing the same:bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
You dog! I can't wait to see that radiator. That link is insane. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts