Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were i work we got an 2000 mustang gt stock but with one little goody on it. an vortec V 1 system so i gave them 2k for it the guy hade for less than 1500 miles and then traded it in to us the only thing is, will the chip out of that car work with my 01? that car is atock and mine has full exhaust and intake so i dont think so. could some one back me up on this? i called motorvation and they will make me a chip for $425 are they any good? any help would be great

Thanks Bob

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
just get it tuned and be done with it. I think the chip should work though.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how will i know if the chip from the kit works right? i will have to save for a couple of months to have it tuned will that hurt anything if im easy on it? thanks for the help Bob

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
it will run like crap depending on what size injectors you putting in. it will run super rich

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they say they are 38 lb and they black tops. thats good cause i rather be rich than lean.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I am talking wash the rings out rich. you wont be able to drive it.try the chip and see what happens. someone else who has dealt with chips can probably be more help. I hauled mine to the shop for tuning.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pcm calibration number

how many and were is the cal for my pcm i think it is giz1 thats on the sticker right bye the conn.????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.