Steeda
Demolet
CL
MAC
JLT
PHP

G

·
Demolet is now Tunable Induction, check out our CAI's, and related info on our website www.tunableinduction.com, and the many customer ride installs on our AFM forum album.

AFM members receive 10% discount thru July. Email me how to receive when ordering.

Thx

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Demolet is now Tunable Induction, check out our CAI's, and related info on our website www.tunableinduction.com, and the many customer ride installs on our AFM forum album.

AFM members receive 10% discount thru July. Email me how to receive when ordering.

Thx
thanks but I already have a CAI.

btw - just tuned it for 87 and i already can tell a difference. car feels diff and is more peppy. can't wait to tune it to 93 and with a cai.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I know its kinda late but I just downloaded the updates for my sct and the bbk is now on there...

·
Registered
17 Posts
which SCT tuner you have and what are your feelings on it?

·
Registered
505 Posts
which SCT tuner you have and what are your feelings on it?
Ive got the sf3/x3 tuner...hands down the best investment I have made on my mustang yet. I just recently started farting around with the user adjustable settings and have my car running the best it's ever been. I highly recommend it!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmm, I been looking at it, but I've been between the SCT LiveWire or the Diablo Trinity, somehting about all those extra gauges and plasterning my windshield with gadgets makes me happy lol. Thanks though!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Trinity! Looks sweet

Hmm, I been looking at it, but I've been between the SCT LiveWire or the Diablo Trinity, somehting about all those extra gauges and plasterning my windshield with gadgets makes me happy lol. Thanks though!
I was looking at the Trinity, too. The custom gauges and the real-time customizable readings seemed very cool, not useful from a performance standpoint, but cool-looking.

Dunno if it's worth another $200 for digital gauges, though. I saw some dude did that with his iPad and some free software, and and OBDII transmitter.

Cool looking tuner, though.

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
226 Posts
Any one know if CIA are legal in CA? Do they need a carb sticker??

·
Registered
376 Posts
My K&N box says legal in all 50 states. I wouldn't know why it wouldnt be.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As long as it doesn't through a check engine light, you should be fine. With OBD II, the shop isn't checking the emissions, your car checks them while you drive, all the states do now is check your computer for fault codes. As long there aren't any faults and all sensors are working you should pass.

But beaware you can fail even if there is no check engine light, every year on my dad's 02 Buick Rendevous, its a massive effort just to pass because the car was built so cheap. Electronics were so shot opening the passenger door shorted the battery and reset the OBD II computer every time. Once had it taken to be tested 5 times and ended up wanting to beat up the guys at the local Straus shop. That car is a poster child for extended warranty; 2 complete power steering replacements, intake manifold, which became reduntant few months later as the engine failed and was replaced at under 60k miles. 2 failed AWD sensors which were made of floss?, and a redone electrical system. Also the rebuilt engine has barely 10k miles on it and we had to have a tune up on it since GM was so cheap they reused the original sparkplugs and wires...

My Mustang - light bulb in taillight burnt out. over the last 40 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.