Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just got my car back from the shop they put on new front rotators and brake pads and when i step on the brakes it feels loose like the pedal goes like half way down b4 it even starts to slow down and now the pedal goes all the way to the floor it used to be i just tap the brakes and i would stop is there something i could do or did they do something wrong or do i just have to suck it up and deal with it

· Registered
109 Posts
brake issues

Got air in the lines just get them bleed and you should not have to pay for it either. They did it they, and they didn't do it right.

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Thats strange also because a rotor and pad swap doesn't warrant disconnecting a brake line. Definatly take it back, if its a Ford dealer, they should be reemed and pay for it.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didnt go to a ford dealer i went to midas they got thoes lifetime brake pads and i know im hard on my brakes i drive fast so sometimes i have to break hard

· Registered
109 Posts
brake stuff

you don't have to disconnect the brake lines that is true. But sometimes you can still get air in the lines warranting a bleed job. I had to do it on mine.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just called to ask them and they told me i would have to pay to look at the lines and pay to bleed them so new question if i dont bleed them will the air work its way out by its self or must it be done

· Administrator
35,196 Posts
You have the right as a dissatisfied customer to bring the car back to them and they will recheck it for free.Do not let them do you that way.

· Registered
109 Posts
crap mechanics

That is CRAP. You paid for a service that they did half-ass. Go up their with your reciepts (hopefully you still have them) talk to the manager, or someone above him, and do what I would do and loose your mind on that guy. That is Crap. A few of us have been talking on another thread about crap mechanics, and I'm sorry but it sounds like you definitley found one. One thing I would like the administrators do on this site is find someway to do a thread about mechanics that do people dirty like their trying to do you, to warn everyone else.

· Registered
231 Posts
+1. That is crapolla. They did a half assed job and didn't finish the job. Bleading the brakes is a normal part of doing a brake job. Talk to a manager, if there are people around, get a little vocal about how they did a poor job on your car. That usually works.

· Registered
57 Posts
I completley agree with every1 here, since you paid for it then they should do it.... HOWEVER i changed my own brake pads and im having the same spongy brake pedal feeling. Im sure i need to bleed the line to let out the air, so i asked around for prices and a local mechanic wanted $60 for that job. Can anyone explain to me how I can do it my self because that mechanic really wasn't trying to tell me (yall know mechanics) haha. If its not that hard of a job ill do it myself and im sure biggreen56 wont mind knowing if you might not have anyluck at midas.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i went back when the manager was there and told him wat was going on he told me i would have to pay an extra fee i started to get loud and he called the cops on me i wasnt even that mean which i should of been. when the cops got there and he happened to be one of the employees father. he asked me wat was going on and i told him then he asked the manager and the next thing i know im getting a ticket disordley conduct so now i got to pay a 50 dollar ticket and still got nothing done with the brakes so like automaticak asked is there a way to do it myself or will the air work its way out by its self

· Registered
109 Posts
brake bleed

Its more of a time consuming thing than anything. Get the car off the ground just enough to take the tires off, the easiest way. Get 4 drip pans or something close to. Loosen the bleeder caps and all the brake fluid will work its way out. THis is the time consuming part, just let the car sit like that for about 30 min in a clean area of course. once all dripping stops, close the valves back up, put the tires on leaving parking brake on, fill up the master brake cylinder, start the car, pumps the brakes a few times, check your brake fluid. Do this a few times. just make sure you put the cap bake on the master brake cylinder each time you re start the car to pump the brakes which in turns cycles the brake fluid.

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Thats a bunch of BS

I would call Midas Corporate offices and get something going.

Regardless of the air in your system, after you do a brake job, you must test drive the vehicle to verify proper operation. If Midas was smart, and found that there was a problem, like air in the system, they have a responsibility to notify the customer of a potential problem. They could have made money on you and kept you a satisfied customer. Anyone that works in a professional shop knows that brakes are very important, especially for SAFETY. If you went driving off and crashed into someone, and they were the last ones to touch your car, they would be screwed.

Don't let a run in with the cops in a very unique situation (father, son BS) let that Midas store and the local PD screw you like that for something they ARE responsible for. If it comes down to it, I would even possibly go as far as to notify local News Papers about it, if word gets out that they do half-assed work and then don't deal with their customers, that Midas store will go under...

· Registered
582 Posts
I would call Midas Corporate offices and get something going.

Regardless of the air in your system, after you do a brake job, you must test drive the vehicle to verify proper operation. If Midas was smart, and found that there was a problem, like air in the system, they have a responsibility to notify the customer of a potential problem. They could have made money on you and kept you a satisfied customer. Anyone that works in a professional shop knows that brakes are very important, especially for SAFETY. If you went driving off and crashed into someone, and they were the last ones to touch your car, they would be screwed.

Don't let a run in with the cops in a very unique situation (father, son BS) let that Midas store and the local PD screw you like that for something they ARE responsible for. If it comes down to it, I would even possibly go as far as to notify local News Papers about it, if word gets out that they do half-assed work and then don't deal with their customers, that Midas store will go under...
I agree! If you haven't already messed with the brakes yourself, I would go to a good shop and see if you can prove that midas did not do the job right. Did you get a full brake job or did you just pay for a pad and rotor swap? If it feels worse than before the job, something isn't right!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.