Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my C&L intake just arrived, got it from bama. right now iam looking at the Maf Housing and it says its for 05-06 3v and v6 mustang. does this work with my 06 gt auto mustang. i haven't put anything on yet because im waiting for doug to see if my strategy code needs to update.

thanks

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
it should work with your 06 GT no problem.... your 06 is a 4.6L 3V modular motor... so why would it not! unless im missing something here which i dont think i am.

congrats on the new mod btw... im waiting on my c&l racer and diablosport too... cant wait till it gets here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ditto! Please post your review of the C&L intake here after you've got it installed. Please include details, like what tuning (if any) was needed, any probs with the install! Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
AsnStang, one more request...please.. could you measure the height of the intake compared to the original after you get it removed? Wondering if it will work with a shaker or if it's too high. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
AsnStang, one more request...please.. could you measure the height of the intake compared to the original after you get it removed? Wondering if it will work with a shaker or if it's too high. Thanks!
The Shaker will fit.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
hey guys my C&L intake just arrived, got it from bama. right now iam looking at the Maf Housing and it says its for 05-06 3v and v6 mustang. does this work with my 06 gt auto mustang. i haven't put anything on yet because im waiting for doug to see if my strategy code needs to update.

thanks

your going to be happy with the Intake and Tune. its deff a wakeup form stock for these cars. Have Fun!! Your mod bug has just started lol.:bigthumbsup

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
are you implying that its not by asking that question?:headscratch:
Nope. I wondering since it just came out and the one magazine article on it was inconclusive at best how someone would have something to base that claim on. Wishful thinking?:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Nope. I wondering since it just came out and the one magazine article on it was inconclusive at best how someone would have something to base that claim on. Wishful thinking?:scratchchin
good lord... im all over the place... i think i just figured out what is going in this thread....

i think people in this thread are confused about whether its an intake manifold he's bought or if he's referring to a cold air intake:laugh:

I thinnk.:headscratch:

Now im not sure which it is.... if it is the intake manifold he bought then I think the whole website would be interested in what comes of it!!!

I think he was referring to the intake manifold.... i completely got it wrong although i did give him the right answer regardless!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
What are you basing that on?
im just saying his car if its stock that when he puts in his tune with his CAI he should ntice the difference from it being stock.

So he should be happy.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
im just saying his car if its stock that when he puts in his tune with his CAI he should ntice the difference from it being stock.

So he should be happy.
You knew from the beginning that he got a CAI and not a “intake”?

I was going of the latter, hence my skepticism.

And also agree, he will like his CAI

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You knew from the beginning that he got a CAI and not a “intake”?

I was going of the latter, hence my skepticism.

And also agree, he will like his CAI
Im sorry for the confusion lol. My baddddd

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also thought this thread was in reference to the C&L intake manifold. No one calls a CAI an "intake".

·
Registered
336 Posts
.......No one calls a CAI an "intake".
So, what does the 'I' in 'CAI' stand for?

The first clue was his post was about the MAF housing. A CAI comes with a MAF housing, an Intake manifold does not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That messes me up every time I read it. I have seen that in a few places.

I was going to say to the OP great you got your intake now box it up and ship it back and get a refund lol. Now I know he is talking about a Cold Air Intake. I think you will enjoy.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I also thought this thread was in reference to the C&L intake manifold. No one calls a CAI an "intake".

Whoaaaaaa... Okayyyyy lol i thought i said sorry? Jesus.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.