Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, yesterday I got my first mustang. Its a 2001 gt. So far I love it. I have a few questions:

1.Tomorrow I am going to be purchasing a replacement drop in filter. Other than just putting it in like you would a regular paper one is there anything else I need to do, even though this isnt the full cai?

Heres the link to the one im going to buy. Spectre Performance App Guide

2. The car was keyed pretty bad on the passenger door before I bought the car. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Im sure ill have many questions in the future.

Thanks!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Hello everyone, yesterday I got my first mustang. Its a 2001 gt. So far I love it. I have a few questions:

1.Tomorrow I am going to be purchasing a replacement drop in filter. Other than just putting it in like you would a regular paper one is there anything else I need to do, even though this isnt the full cai?

Heres the link to the one im going to buy. Spectre Performance App Guide

2. The car was keyed pretty bad on the passenger door before I bought the car. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Im sure ill have many questions in the future.

Thanks!

make sure the filter is pre charged ( with oil and stuff on it )

·
Registered
293 Posts
05horse said just make sure the filter has oil on it. If it's a K&N it should all of mine that I have bought have. For the keying best thing is to get it repainted but tell then just keep it waxed well so it does not start to rust.
P.S. have fun with your new ride:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
409 Posts
when using the K&N (or other oiled filters) follow the directions and don't go wild with the oil, it'll mess up your MAF sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.