Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read an article in some stang mag. and they installed a set of brakes from a new gt 500 and although they had to do some cutting it fit. Now I've lowered my stang bout an inch and when I did I noticed the wheels rub on me now and I just dont see why I'm haveing this problem if these guys are useing I think they were 18x10's.I'm planning on upgradeing my brakes soon and was wondering if anybody had any knowlage on this.just how big of a brake and rim/tire package can you go with once you've lowered your fox?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I would say keep the fronts to 13 inches, and you could go with 11-12 in the back. At least 17 inch wheels with 6 inches of backspacing should fit. 18 inchers are almost too much for the Fox without fender modifications.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I just read an article in some stang mag. and they installed a set of brakes from a new gt 500 and although they had to do some cutting it fit. Now I've lowered my stang bout an inch and when I did I noticed the wheels rub on me now and I just dont see why I'm haveing this problem if these guys are useing I think they were 18x10's.I'm planning on upgradeing my brakes soon and was wondering if anybody had any knowlage on this.just how big of a brake and rim/tire package can you go with once you've lowered your fox?
For factory performance you can install the 00 Cobra R calipers and rotors which are basically the same setup as the GT500 except scaled down for a perfect fit. you will need to get new wheels, with a good amount of offset to clear the calipers. fyi 03 cobra five spoke wheels will work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and you fellas dont see any problem with clearence even though I've lowered the car.thanks for the help fellas

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm running the '94-04 Cobra brakes w/ 95' spindles, a '98 rear axle, Ford Racing 17x9 '03 Cobra wheels (6.125" BS), and 275/40-17 tires. I'm lowered 1-1.5" with no significant rubbing. I did a write-up on my conversion, look up the sticky in this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.