Ford Mustang Forum banner

just how big of brakes can I stuff on my fox?

697 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  85MUSTANGGT
I just read an article in some stang mag. and they installed a set of brakes from a new gt 500 and although they had to do some cutting it fit. Now I've lowered my stang bout an inch and when I did I noticed the wheels rub on me now and I just dont see why I'm haveing this problem if these guys are useing I think they were 18x10's.I'm planning on upgradeing my brakes soon and was wondering if anybody had any knowlage on this.just how big of a brake and rim/tire package can you go with once you've lowered your fox?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I would say keep the fronts to 13 inches, and you could go with 11-12 in the back. At least 17 inch wheels with 6 inches of backspacing should fit. 18 inchers are almost too much for the Fox without fender modifications.
For factory performance you can install the 00 Cobra R calipers and rotors which are basically the same setup as the GT500 except scaled down for a perfect fit. you will need to get new wheels, with a good amount of offset to clear the calipers. fyi 03 cobra five spoke wheels will work.
I just read an article in some stang mag. and they installed a set of brakes from a new gt 500 and although they had to do some cutting it fit. Now I've lowered my stang bout an inch and when I did I noticed the wheels rub on me now and I just dont see why I'm haveing this problem if these guys are useing I think they were 18x10's.I'm planning on upgradeing my brakes soon and was wondering if anybody had any knowlage on this.just how big of a brake and rim/tire package can you go with once you've lowered your fox?
and you fellas dont see any problem with clearence even though I've lowered the car.thanks for the help fellas
I'm running the '94-04 Cobra brakes w/ 95' spindles, a '98 rear axle, Ford Racing 17x9 '03 Cobra wheels (6.125" BS), and 275/40-17 tires. I'm lowered 1-1.5" with no significant rubbing. I did a write-up on my conversion, look up the sticky in this forum.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.