Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUYS :)

I HAVE A '66 MUSTANG WITH A DIRTY COATED-UP WITH UNDER-COATING ALL OVER MY ENGINE WELL. (BLACK TAR LIKE) :happyhapp

I WANT TO PAINT IT THE SAME COLOR AS MY CAR WHICH IS:
TAHOE TURQUOISE

CAN ANY YOU GUYS HELP ME OUT PLEASE ON JUST HOW TO GO ABOUT IT:rolleyes:

QUESTION(S) :eyebulge:

WHAT KIND OF STUFF TO REMOVE THAT TERRIBLE UNDER-COATING :happyhapp
WHAT PRIMER IS BEST ~ EPOXY :rolleyes: WHITE MAYBE :rolleyes:
WHERE DO I GET THAT COLOR: CODE U
WHICH IS CALLED 'TAHOE TURQUOISE'

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP IN THE PAST AND HOPEFULLY IN THE FUTURE :winks

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

SCHOONER :cool:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
For the really thick stuff, you will probably need to use a putty scraper. After you have the heavier stuff off, you can something like "GUNK - ENGINE BRITE" which is a degreaser. You spray it on and let it sit for awhile, then hose it off. Oven cleaner also eats away dirt, grease, and grime, but it also eats away paint; it's very caustic. A bottle of "PURPLE POWER" degreaser is also very good, I use that a lot when I clean engine parts. Spray it on where I need it and then use an old toothbrush or gun cleaning brush to get into the tight spots. Take off as many parts as you can and paint them seperately. When you hose off the engine, make sure to put a plastic bag over the distributor and also over the carburetor. If you a pressure washer it will do the job a lot faster than a garden hose, but you also run the risk of screwing something up. 1100 psi of pressure, water can get into a lot of places it is not supposed to be. Also, I once cut a fan belt with the water jet from a pressure washer, so be careful.

Good luck!

·
Registered
241 Posts
nevermind thought u meant the fender aprons hehe was gonna say i used a propane torch to heat up the undercoating before scraping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.