Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. I don't have a key. Can a locksmith make one if I take the door lock to him? Guess my question is, does the door lock and ignition use the same key?
  2. I also was given a 4 bbl Holley Carb that came off a '67 fastback. The 70 convertible (mine) has a 302 2V in it, but I'd like to put the 4 barrel in it... Question: How do I find out what model carb this is? It seems to be in good condition, just needs a rebuild possibly, and one float chamber needs all new components. Is there a number stamped on the carb somewhere that will give me a model number, and is there a place on the web I can find a breakdown of this thing?
I guess that's it for now... I'm brand spankin' new to not only the Mustang world, but to cars in general. I appreciate all the help in advance.

Bryant

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mustangs and Mustang maniacs. I know you will have fun learning about these classics and you'll find the people on this site a great source of information.

A locksmith should be able to set you up. If someone has replaced the door lock already, then the key made off the door lock wont match the ignition. It seems to me that i saw some lock sets for sale on ebay. It included the ignition, door lock and trunk. One key worked in the door and ignition and the other key did the truck. This might be a better option for you. '
Can you post some pictures of the Holley? There are a lot of knowledgeable people whom i'm sure can identify it.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
The carb looks to be a 460cfm or 600 cfm, the numbers can be looked up, R1848 is a 460cfm, a R1850 is a 600 cfm, the 460 cfm has 1 1/2" throttle bores and 600 cfm has 1 9/16" throttle bores, if you can't identify it there should be some letter and numbers stamped on it, please post these and that should help. Either carb would be an improvement over the 250 or 350 cfm 2B carb, however it probably need to be rebuilt, Holly's are great carbs, but if they set for very long with no gas in them, the cork gaskets shrink and leak, not only outside but inside the carb as well. If your car is original, I would save any pieces you take off for a modification, like the carb and intake, although its worth some money, its needed to put it back to original if you decide to sell the car later on. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.