Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, And Gals,
I just installed the 91 octane Bama race tune on my 2011 Mustang GT and I was alittle nervous, but it turns out, No reason to be worried as all went well. I let the car idle for 10 minutes when I was done and.... The cars runs great, idle is smoother now than stock. Love the way the auto transmission shifts now. Nice and firm, no more mussy feel like stock. And the midrange power is strong with the stock air box. 2nd gear barks the tires with the slightest gas from a stop. Have not had a chance to really see what the top RPM does, but I have every reason to say it's going to fly.
Even with this power, I just could not imagine what a Supercharged Stang would be like as my car is now super fast. Supercharged would have to be insane power!!
Merging onto the interstate tonight at 60, I jumped on it and Wow, it was gone.
So, very happy with the American muscle Bama tune. I think I have enough power now. Watch out Hemi's and Camaros.
Good job AM. D.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been looking at one for the wifes car.
Also you can never have to much power.you start of with a mid 12 car then it just keeps getting more expensive
glad you like it

·
Registered
86 Posts
I run Bamas 93 Octane Race Tune daily in my 2011 5.0 automatic with Airaid CAI.

I am also very pleased and I also have noticed it idles better than stock.

Th epower difference is incredible.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Very glad that you're happy with our products. Thank you again for the kind feedback! Let me know if there's absolutely anything else that you need. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
172 Posts
Add me to the Bama Tune/Airaid fan club. Mileage does suffer as my right foot has moved to a permanent location closer to the floor. Still get 17/18 mpg, same as my lame-ass V-6 Wrangler which struggles to merge safely onto the interstate.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The bama 93 tune + air raid intake seems to be a winning combo. Are there any package deals from you guys Chris?

·
Registered
117 Posts
+1 Bama tune. I just installed the 93 race tune yesterday. My initial impression is very good. I down shifted from 3rd to 2nd and lit the tires up very easy. With my previous tune I was able to bark forth gear. I’ll see if I can do the same with the Bama tune.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
thanks chris

mine will be a 2012. I know never to assume anything but I want to make sure that the 2011 tune will work with the 2012.

I've got about 6~10 weeks before my car is built/delivered so I've got time for you guys to confirm (hopefully) full compatibility with the 2012.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chris,
I have you able to play with cam timiming on your tune? I also have the 91 race tune with the AIRAID and feel there is still room to grow on the tune, especially below 4000 rpm.....Also, car runs so much better with the outside temps are below 60F. Could it be the tunes are a little lean?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any change in

Was there any change in drive ability? Im nervous about this product but really want it.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Was there any change in drive ability? Im nervous about this product but really want it.
have no fear, I just got my Bama tunes Friday and my car drives like stock but with mucg cripser throttle response :bigthumbsupChris and the crew at AM and Bama are top shelf

·
Registered
88 Posts
I might order my tuner today, how long did it take y'all to receive it?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
^^ordered my tuner on Wednesday and had it Friday, of course they are in the same county as me like 30 miles away lol, but I was surprised by the quick turn around :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It's simply amazing that a simple thing like a tuner with Bama tunes can make the car so different. It feels like a different car, when in reality, you haven't even added one single part.

I could not seven think about driving my auto without the Bama tune now. Boooorrrring!

When you guys finally get it, the only thing disappointing will be that you waited so long. :gringreen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts