Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have a strange question to ask. I just installed a Cobra R hood on my V6. Everything seemed to be okay but when I drive the car, the hood has a little "bounce" to it. It latches down fine, but when I hit a bump or drive over some rough pavement, the hood bounces up and down slightly. Is there something I am missing here? Is it just because I am used to having a heavy aluminum hood? Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! If this question has been answered already, feel free to delete this thread. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front of the hood latches down and stays down nice and snug, but the rear of the hood has some bounce/play to it. (where the screws mount into the hood.) Almost as if it's not secured down properly, but the screws are tight and the hood latch is snug. It's slightly hard to explain.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
so the hood's just flexing? your original hood was fiberglass it just had a bunch of extra reinforcing to it, that might be your problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh, might just be some hood flex?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Did you adjust the hood bump stops up front? If the front end of the hood goes down it will make the back end of the hood appear to raise, when I put my new hood on I had to screw those things up about half an inch, you should check it out if you haven't already

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to adjust them to get the hood to latch properly. When I get home from work I will try adjusting them again. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts