Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tired the race tune back in Aprial for a day or 2 but went back to the 93 oct street tune. Today I decided to go back to the Bama 93 Oct race tune and give it another go now that I also have a aluminum drive shaft. It was like getting a new car all over again. I held her in first until about 10mph and went wot and the tires just spun. Shifted into second tires still spinning, shifted into third and I was already getting close to 80mph so I backed down. It was like all hell breaks lose when I hit the gas now. I love it....

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I also use Bama's 93 Race tune, and my 05 GT runs like a raped ape.

Just curious though. What didn't you like about it that made you revert back to the Street tune last April?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also use Bama's 93 Race tune, and my 05 GT runs like a raped ape.

Just curious though. What didn't you like about it that made you revert back to the Street tune last April?
With the stock driveshaft that tune seemed kinda jerky even if you just lightly put your foot on the gas. Its probably more of how I shifted then the tune. This time around it seems much smoother with the aluminum driveshaft. I have steeda under drive pulleys I need to install and that will make my throttle response even faster. Can't wait.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The aluminum driveshaft really helps rev the car up in half the time! That, with the Race tune - you've got one hell of a response! Glad that you're happy with the Race tune, and let us know if there's absolutely anything else that we can help you with!

Chris

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Fast throttle response is what I love about the Race tune. It's just like the instant response I got from my '68 RoadRunner's cable throttle.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My 91 race tune is a beast in 1st and 2nd gear, the throttle response is just insane but as soon as I shift to 3rd it almost feels just like the performance tune. Does the race tune really only majorly affect 1st and 2nd or is something wrong with my tune?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The aluminum driveshaft really helps rev the car up in half the time! That, with the Race tune - you've got one hell of a response! Glad that you're happy with the Race tune, and let us know if there's absolutely anything else that we can help you with!

Chris
You guys are great at AM Chris! Can't what to have even more response with the Steeda UD pulleys. One thing is I bought the driveshaft safty loop but it won't fit with the magnalfow catted X pipe. Any ideas? I just looked and see another person had the same problem and couldn't install the safety loop with the magnaflow catted X.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts