Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me just start by saying that it sounds insane. Such a deep thundering blast when you hit the throttle, you can hear the car coming for sure. I was downtown on busy streets today with skyscrapers all around, would hit the throttle a bit and people just kept staring. I highly recommend this intake because it actually seems like some engineering went into it. They way it forces air through its ports and sucks it in just sounds retarded. Not trying to say anything crazy here but even though it sounds different than a v8, it sounds just as good. Oh and on a side note, driving back on the highway an orange camaro rs pulled in behind me and was cruising for a bit sort of tailgating me. He switched lanes and went to pass, and i just put the hammer down when he did and he couldnt get infront of me to pass and had to merge back behind me because another car was coming. But yea, great intake, high quality materials, secure, OEM quality installation and fitment. I would make a sound clip, but its not even close to what it would sound like in real life.

Im running 91 octane, and it feels like another car compared to the stock intake and 87 octane fuel.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I feel ya man, installed mine 3 days ago and switched to my 91 Race tune and all i can say is DAYUM my stang completely transformed into a beast.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good review! I hope you mean it sounds "retarded" in a good way - never heard of the term used in the positive. I'm gonna buy an airraid real soon. Can you tell me how your install went? Any tips for us about to do the install?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good review! I hope you mean it sounds "retarded" in a good way - never heard of the term used in the positive. I'm gonna buy an airraid real soon. Can you tell me how your install went? Any tips for us about to do the install?
haha i do mean it in a good way. sounds real mean. install was very simple, took about 40 minutes, the trickiest part is uninstalling the stock airbox. the intake kit comes with a set of very thorough instructions with large detailed pictures showing you what to do. very straight forward, and all you need is simple hand tools.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Out of curiosity where did you purchase it? One of the reasons why I have not purchased a CAI is because I am loathe to pay the exorbitant shipping costs here to Canada. It increases the price of the intake by at least 30%.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ordered from american muscle.com The intake itself was 269.99$ i believe, and at the end of the day with shipping and everything it came to about 365$ Still worth it IMO

·
Registered
837 Posts
For those running a 91 tune before adding a CAI, is there a noticeable difference?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I feel ya man, installed mine 3 days ago and switched to my 91 Race tune and all i can say is DAYUM my stang completely transformed into a beast.
Very excited, I'm ordering mine on Monday and will probably do the install this coming weekend if it comes in, in time.

At this point I think I'm going to add a dynomax system due to price, I've been set on Borla but the price different made me think twice. I'm pretty sure that with the airaid CAI, Dynomax catback, and a performance tune, I'm going to see a rather noticeable difference in performance?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i ordered from american muscle.com The intake itself was 269.99$ i believe, and at the end of the day with shipping and everything it came to about 365$ Still worth it IMO
Oh I see. Do you have the one with the synthamax filter or the regular one?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am not too sure, im assuming its the regular filter but i dont know how. Any visual or dimensional differences between the two?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think its the regular one. I will probably be looking into getting an additional filter. Do you know any of its advantages, or is it just as good as the regular filter?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Hey, how come it's not as clean under the hood as on the outside?:nono: :D

They started doing the dry filter in response to people who think the oiled filter causes MAF sensor problems.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I hope this isn't off topic but since engine cleanliness has been brought up, is it a bad idea to have the engine area sprayed from the bottom with an oily rust inhibitor such as rustcheck or krown?

·
Registered
112 Posts
For those of you getting the CAI with a tune, do you put in a new exhaust? I thought that if you're putting more air into an engine, you should have the ability to put more air out as well...

·
Registered
532 Posts
For those of you getting the CAI with a tune, do you put in a new exhaust? I thought that if you're putting more air into an engine, you should have the ability to put more air out as well...
You don't have to, but you should.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just filled up with 91 oct this last week friday and took out the stang for a weekend cruise using the 91R tune and man it pulls hard as hell with the CAI, I ate up gas quick as hell, but it was just fun to see what type power it had with the tune.

The 91R with the CAI is so damn sensitive. Its hard to cruise the military base with the 25mph speed limit without gettin to 40. So I had to switch it up to my 89P tune.

The only bad thing ever since I installed it is all the unwanted attention from ricers lol, every lil acura, honda and VW wants to street race, its kinda annoying.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I just filled up with 91 oct this last week friday and took out the stang for a weekend cruise using the 91R tune and man it pulls hard as hell with the CAI, I ate up gas quick as hell, but it was just fun to see what type power it had with the tune.

The 91R with the CAI is so damn sensitive. Its hard to cruise the military base with the 25mph speed limit without gettin to 40. So I had to switch it up to my 89P tune.

The only bad thing ever since I installed it is all the unwanted attention from ricers lol, every lil acura, honda and VW wants to street race, its kinda annoying.
I love it, very exciting lol. I have my CAI on order and hopefully next month I can pull the trigger on both the tune and the exhaust, can't wait to see the difference.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do not have tune, probably wont be getting one... the whole sluggishness off the automatic tranny when you floor it has disappeared due to 91 octane fuel and CAI... next thing on my list is exhaust and that will do it for now. I am not very certain about a tune and basically overclocking the engine, it cant be too good for the engine in the long run. Also idk about any warranty issues.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts