Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man, i can not get enough of it. Its got that distinct rumble at idle and low RPMs and its a monster at high and mid RPM's. Also i was afraid that at low RPMs it would be too loud and wake up my neighborhood but thats not true. So should i go for an aftermarket mid pipe?

·
Registered
82 Posts
what are worried about wake'n the neighbor for? he sould be able to appriciate the sound of good old american thunder when he/she hears the sound of your beast growling down the street.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Go for the mid pipe:bigthumbsup You going with an X or H?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am not sure which to chose. does one have a bigger advantage over the other one in anything?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Rule is that X will sound more like a nascar and have been said to claim a few more ponies over the H. The H however will sound more like a muscle car sound. Overall both will add some decent power though.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
An X pipe with SLP loudmouths's will be RASPY. If ya want a deeper tone to it go with the H. But its w/e ya want, either way itll sound good. Cant really notice a diff in power between the two, so dont worry bout power.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
X pipe with resonatores H pipe with mufflers.. altough i have mac catback with x and it sounds godly.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I bet it does. I have the same:bigthumbsup Yours might sound louder though because you have the macs and I have the flows.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Congrats! I have the SLP LM on mine with a Magnaflow catted X, I couldn't ask for a better combo. Over three years now with this setup and never get tired of it. My neighbor across the street says when he hears it makes him feel young again.....haha, and he's telling this to a 52 year old.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the MAC Prochamber and I love it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
H or X pipe

What H or X would sound good with JBA axle backs?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Are JBA's straight thru or chambered? I would get the prochamber anyways:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tha JBA's r chambered

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Yeah, go for the prochamber. They will sound good with your JBA's. They sound good with stock mufflers too if you get tired of the loundness of the JBA's combined with the prochamber. That mid-pipe alone should net you around 10hp:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
118 Posts
Whats tha difference between a h or x and a prochamber?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
The prochamber act like both an x and h pipe but you get the rumble sound of the h instead of the raspy sound of an x. The performance is also better than most mid pipes and the quality is great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That sounds awesum! Ill research it sumore..

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Hey you know where i could get an SLP LM1 from a shop in Fresno CA?
I'm not sure, sorry dude. Check out some performance shops in the area and see if they carry them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.