Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and WOW, night and day difference :D I had one on my old V6 so I knew somewhat what to expect, but the difference between stock v6 and v6 with a tune and stock GT and GT with a tune is HUGE. I actually have to take it easy at lights now because if I put my foot down now in first she will GO!! :grinroll:

I'm thinking my next change is going to be giving the suspension an overhaul if I can ever find that thread that sqidd started on the subject. Anyone have any experience with that and how it feels over stock?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got my Bama tuner today, and though I haven't gotten the CAI yet (soon!), the chirp going into second in my auto totally made my day. That was on the 87 performance, cant wait to try the 93 race tune!

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I'm thinking my next change is going to be giving the suspension an overhaul if I can ever find that thread that sqidd started on the subject. Anyone have any experience with that and how it feels over stock?
Well, control arms really help the rear traction in a straight line and in the corners, so I'd take a look at control arm kits. Our Elite Series arms are excellent, and they're only $199 before the 10% AFM discount, so you can't beat em! http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/307902-rear-suspension-advice.html#post2687775

Lowering springs make a day and night difference, and our Pro Series springs (made by Eibach) are a popular choice. 2005-2011 Ford Mustang GT V6 UPR Pro Series Kit Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

Good shockers and struts are an excellent compliment to the lowering springs, we like the Strange 10-way adjustables for the street. 2005-2010 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Strut S6003LM - UPR Products 2005-2011 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Shock S6002LM - UPR Products

If you're interested in cornering ability specifically, then you'll love a set of upgraded swaybars like these.
2005-2010 Ford Mustang Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit 35101.320 - UPR Products
They keep the car nice and flat in the corners, without resorting to some crazy stiff suspension setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts