Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly easy job. Only PITA was disconnecting the front O2 sensor on passenger side from the harness. Man, Ford must assume we have tiny hands! Car is noticably louder (of course) and I even retained the stock mufflers. As for a power increase sorta hard to tell (see my mods in sig). Does not seem like it has more power. Not a "seat-of-the-pants" improvement. Maybe a chassis dyno could pick up a difference. I would go so far as to say the very bottom end (under3K RPM) feels a little softer than before. So it's sorta mixed review, sounds nice, no big power gain. :thumbup:thumbdown

·
Registered
332 Posts
I wouldn't expect a big gain. All you really did was remove the cats. You did have the rear o2's turned off or at least put in the sim's, right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What are you gonna do when it comes time for an emissions test? put the old ones back on?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
No emmisions tests around these parts! I'll bet it sounds bad ass.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
redbullet said:
I wouldn't expect a big gain. All you really did was remove the cats. You did have the rear o2's turned off or at least put in the sim's, right?
Have the Xcal2 - tuner set up tunes for O/R pipe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will I get a good tone out of a CAI and Borla Catback combo? Any opinions? I do live in an emissions controlled county.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts