Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Roush axle backs yesterday never heard them in person but pulled the trigger anyway. Took about 40 mins the hardest part was getting the driver side sleeve into the rubber grommet real nice tight fit and very high quality. They sound outstanding, very deep growl especially after about 2500 rpm.My only complaint is that they are very loud under heavy acceleration. I think it just a matter of time before I get stopped, The cops around here are pricks. We will see I may have to sell them for something a little quieter.

B

·
0 Posts
I doubt they would be louder than my pypes system, aren't they fairly quiet when just driving normally? I'm sure you'll be okay as long as you aren't driving hard in neighborhoods and keep your RPMs low.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Even at WOT my Roush ABs are still quieter than most Harley's at any RPM. I figure as long as they allow motorcycles to exist, I'm safe with my pony car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know why mine are so loud..I better check underneath check the connections from the brackets. I was pretty sure I clamped these baby's down good. Maybe I am just getting Old:kooky:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just installed Roush axle backs yesterday never heard them in person but pulled the trigger anyway. Took about 40 mins the hardest part was getting the driver side sleeve into the rubber grommet real nice tight fit and very high quality. They sound outstanding, very deep growl especially after about 2500 rpm.My only complaint is that they are very loud under heavy acceleration. I think it just a matter of time before I get stopped, The cops around here are pricks. We will see I may have to sell them for something a little quieter.
If you get pulled over, it would probably be because of the "heavy acceleration"... They are loud but like Ryan T. said... no louder than any Harley....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking I should have went with the Borla Touring..

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am thinking I should have went with the Borla Touring..
Got a video camera? Post a clip up so we can hear. (Not the same as being in person but we can get a decent idea).

·
Registered
349 Posts
They can't be that bad .My dealer has new GT's on the lot that they have installed the Roush AB's . They added $599.00 to the sticker price though !

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love my Roush AB. They are loud when you hit it but at cruising they aren't much louder than stock. Love the pops when I down shift. Really completes the car I think.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I love my Roush AB. They are loud when you hit it but at cruising they aren't much louder than stock. Love the pops when I down shift. Really completes the car I think.
+1 I totally agree. Love the sound. Not too loud if keep RPMs low when in my neighborhood, but when on the street, I let 'er rip and everybody's looking.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i just took my roush axle backs out today and put the stock axle back back on. I could not stand the noise any longer. I could blame my off road x pipe for the super loud noise and raspy note. they are very beautiful and well made. Im trying to sell them to get gt500 axle backs.

·
Registered
526 Posts
i just took my roush axle backs out today and put the stock axle back back on. I could not stand the noise any longer. I could blame my off road x pipe for the super loud noise and raspy note. they are very beautiful and well made. Im trying to sell them to get gt500 axle backs.
It took me a long time to decide on mufflers because I had make up my mind about the OR pipe. In the end I decided not get the OR pipe and went with the Roush.

The Roush are loud and I can imagine how loud they were with the OR pipe as well. Too loud.

At this point I figure the sweet is between the Roush and GT500, one a little too loud and the other a little too quiet. There's many people that say the OR pipe with GT500's is the best combo.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Where is everyone finding their Roush and GT500 AB's ? American Muscle is out .
I bought my GT500 AB from a guy on the SVT forum for $200 shipped. :grinroll:

they had maybe 30 miles on them. He said he had driven the car home from the dealer and then from his house to the performance shop that they're putting on a totally new exhaust.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have the Roush axle back and I'm also from CT. I wouldn't worry too much about the cops, you'll be fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.