Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its true, i have decided to wait on the shaker and i used my nice little stock pile of 350 dollars of AM gift cards to buy 4.10's, a T-lok, and a bearing kit! i cannot wait to get these bad boys installed! maybe NOW i can race 05horse and win! (if he doesnt cheat and spray!!)

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
its true, i have decided to wait on the shaker and i used my nice little stock pile of 350 dollars of AM gift cards to buy 4.10's, a T-lok, and a bearing kit! i cannot wait to get these bad boys installed! maybe NOW i can race 05horse and win! (if he doesnt cheat and spray!!)
i just sprung for the same stuff but 3.73 from am. dont worry, with the 4.10`s i think you can take him :hihi:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I like the 3.73 gear my self, 4.10 will take off just a little harder or make you blow the tires off, but the 3.73 has a better top end pull. If its a 1/8 mile great if its a full 1/4 mile the 4.10 will hurt you

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I like the 3.73 gear my self, 4.10 will take off just a little harder or make you blow the tires off, but the 3.73 has a better top end pull. If its a 1/8 mile great if its a full 1/4 mile the 4.10 will hurt you
that was my thought too. i really wanted the 3.55 for the top speed, but the choice was 3.73/4.10.

·
Registered
155 Posts
its true, i have decided to wait on the shaker and i used my nice little stock pile of 350 dollars of AM gift cards to buy 4.10's, a T-lok, and a bearing kit! i cannot wait to get these bad boys installed!
I did this a month ago and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
A lot of people seem to like 4:10, but that doesn't fit for me. I work 'til five, so I wouldn't be able to catch the 4:10. I need a departure time of around five thirty or thereabouts.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
A lot of people seem to like 4:10, but that doesn't fit for me. I work 'til five, so I wouldn't be able to catch the 4:10. I need a departure time of around five thirty or thereabouts.
Comming from the guy who if he put the mileage together from all of his 'Stangs wouldn't even have enough mileage to break in one set of new gears :shigrin :gringreen

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
That would be *they're* as in( they are)...:happydance:. What does gear a gear mean?? Just curious!!hehe:shigrin
Good catch! I've been working 12s all week. :hihi: He's swapping the stock ring and pinion in the differential with a 4.10:1 ratio ring and pinion. It provides for quicker off the line performance.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That would be *they're* as in( they are)...:happydance:. What does gear a gear mean?? Just curious!!hehe:shigrin

gear change ratios, in the rear axle

·
Registered
514 Posts

in what way can 4:10's hurt your 1/4 mile?
i can hit 120 way faster in 4:10s
i understand that if you look at it from a rolling start than mayyybee.. but you would have to be going like 90!
but if both driver got the exact same good launch and good shifts- the 4:10s are gonna smoke 3:73s everytime

i got 4:10s in mine and i love them! it pins u in the back of that seat hard

·
Registered
432 Posts
You should find yourself a good performance shop in your area.
Great piece of advice.... do you think he is for real? or just playing with us?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.