Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says I ordered an e85 tune from VMP tunning. hopefully I should have it tomorrow. My tank is almost empty. 30 miles to E on the info screen. I cant wait!!!:bounce2::bounce2:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Let us know how that goes. I'm very interested in your impressions/results!

Mike

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is E85 OK in the Mustang fuel system? I've read that E85 vehicles have special coating inside the tank and lines to prevent the ethanol from eating through over time.

Hope it works for you- I think E85 is around 106 octane give or take. That should allow for some pretty aggressive tuning.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from all that ive read the 2011 gt is compatible with e85. why ford did not offer it... IDK. it might have something to do with the factory tune havint little room to adjust to blends of 93 and e85 for example. half a tank of e85 and half a tank of 87 or 93.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i dont think it s secure for your engine! does it say in the manual you can gas up with e85? >NO!!! ! ! and did you know we dont have 10%ethanol ******** in germany?? because people and MANUFACTURE claiming it will mess with your engine! look it up! its been all over the news in germany! no 10ethanol crap in germany! nobody wants that crap over there! so gas up with it! BYE BYE warranty
you play you pay! wait the tuner told you it is safe for your engine :heha:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yes, please do post your feedback, good luck!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think it s secure for your engine! does it say in the manual you can gas up with e85? >NO!!! ! ! and did you know we dont have 10%ethanol ******** in germany?? because people and MANUFACTURE claiming it will mess with your engine! look it up! its been all over the news in germany! no 10ethanol crap in germany! nobody wants that crap over there! so gas up with it! BYE BYE warranty
you play you pay! wait the tuner told you it is safe for your engine :heha:
Yea but on the manual it says that its safe to use nitrous and it also says that its safe to put a blower on the car../roll eyes. Before you start to **** have some common sense and have some information to back up your ridiculous **** talking.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The manual says it is safe to run nitrous ? :?:
No but people do it anyways. That's the point I tried to make.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm sure you will be fine. I ran e85 in my wrx for over a year with no issues, people here have run e85 in them for years with no issues and they aren't listed from the manufacturer as e85 capable either.

Glad to hear you got it from VMP. I have a roush s/c kit coming from them. I'd have to upgrade the fuel system to provide more volume with the supercharger and e85, but I'm glad to hear they are playing with the e85. Would help on a heatsoaked car.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Can't wait to hear your experience with this!

I am very interested in this as well!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the tune on my inbox now. I can't wait to get home. Justin said to do a datalog pull to make sure that the afr stays at .82 lambda. Can't wait!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Interested in seeing what kind of gains you get out of just the fuel change/tuning. Do you have a before dyno that you can compare to?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Subscribing for results!!! And who better to get it from then Justin.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Doesnt e85 needs more injector pressure then regular gas?? Like 50%?

Off topic- my old ducati 748 in germany, its says do not use ethanol mixed gasolin! My gsxr, it says you MAY use10% ethanol enhanced gasolin!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
so what would be the benefit of E85, I mean is it to advance the timing a ton like meth and have it run cooler?

What is the expected outcome in HP any dyno testing from the guy you bought it from?

Did you need larger injectors? Intrested in the results

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have stock fuel system. The power increase should be 3 to 4 percent.
Will update if injectors are big enough after datalog.

·
Registered
203 Posts

cant wait for the answer! hope everything works out good

off topic here check it out
........Different the case of introduction in Germany, that originally planned the introduction of E10 at the same time of France. The government created an agreement with the stakeholders and the car industry was supportive to the new fuel. Unfortunately the foreign car manufacturers released for Germany numbers of non-E10 compatible cars and the number was too high (about 3 million cars) for the government to pursue the E10 introduction, and it has been stopped.

read it all
http://esse-community.eu/articles/the-introduction-of-e10-in-germany-a-case-of-failure/

·
Registered
548 Posts
HPP in dallas has tuned several 5.0 mustangs on E85, the results are someone on this site.

It would be nice to see some more before and after data though (same day)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i put e85 in yesterday. still had 2 gallons of 93 in the tank. After some data logs i am spot on the AFR at .82-.83 which is 12:1 just like justing said. But i did noticed the knock sensors active so i pulled 3* back and datalog again but still had the knock sensors active. i do not hear any pinging so i dont whats going on but i will speak with justin today and see what he thinks. The car otherwise runs perfect. it might actually be a bit smoother than with my 93 octane tunes. the exhaust fumes do smell kind of funny lol it smells like a propane fork lift. anyways i will update on what justin says.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts