Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of Kooks longtubes with a catted H pipe. Any input on what to prepare for on installation and what to expect out of them would be greatly appreciated. From what I have read so far, I'm not really looking forward to the install. Thanks

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I think you'll be happy with the fitment and overall looks :) no problems what soever with mine.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks stlwagon. If anybody knows you do. Thats still not what I wanted to hear though.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been debating on doing this for quite a while. I figured they can't hurt. I am really not 100% satisfied with my exhaust system now. I hope this improvement is worth the money and installation hassle. One good thing is that I have access to a lift.

U

·
0 Posts
I'm sure it will be worth it. And a lift will certainly help with the install.

Where did you order them from? How much? If you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered them from Brenspeed. I have purchased several things from them in the past and have been thoroughly satisfied. They have really been helpfull. I think I paid 1350.00 for them.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I got lucky and picked up mine slightly used...I gave $900 for mine. he took them off cause he was goin to a turbo setup.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My current tune is a Bamachips 93 performance tune. I have talked with Doug there and he is going to update the tune for me free. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish I could have got mine for 900.00. You can't go wrong buying stainless headers slightly used. They don't wear out. I wish I could find a saleen supercharger slightly used LOL.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After the beer and bandaids!!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I plan on taking my car to a friends shop with a lift. I am going to take my time, whole weekend if necessary, putting them on. I'm not getting in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there any special out of the ordinary tools that I need or any tip or trick that will make it go smoother?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I wish I could find a saleen supercharger slightly used LOL.
lol Im sure there's one out there....somewhere...lol

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I should have that covered.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.