Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I may have got a decent deal on mine but I paid my local shop to do the install. If I had acess to a lift..Id have put'em on.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Seriously, I am planning the Stage 2 Brenspeed Saleen kit when I can afford it. I am about through with the simple stuff.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I see in your sig you now run a Bassani X. you decied to try the H pipe 2nd time around? Id had done the H also but I didnt have a choice..lol

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I see in your sig you now run a Bassani X. you decied to try the H pipe 2nd time around? Id had done the H also but I didnt have a choice..lol
I have the cat deletes along with the Bassani X. I have the Borla Stingers out back. With the delete pipes in, the car was just too loud. It really did not sound that good to me. I'm going to try this. If I still don't like it, I am going to change the mufflers. I personally like the sound of the H pipe better. That is just my opinion though. From what I have heard, the headers can only help with the sound.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I think Kooks has one of the best LTs on the market, great choice :bigthumbsup BTW Lt is not just for sound, it give you more power than stock or shorties ;)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Id say you'll be happy with the H. I had the PYPES O/R X with my stock headers and it was LOUD but sounded like crap. If I had a cheap way to get a H Id do it.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think Kooks has one of the best LTs on the market, great choice :bigthumbsup BTW Lt is not just for sound, it give you more power than stock or shorties ;)
I investigated headers pretty thoroughly before I forked out the money. But what really sold me on the Kooks was a black GT on youtube running on a road course. It was the best souding S197 I've heard. I have had a hard time making mine sound good. A good sound plus a little power is a win win for me.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i love my bassani xpipe. im running it with the offroad legs. i love the loud rasp to it. but so do cops haha.

anyway, i just purchased a set of Kooks 1" 5/8 with kooks off-road stainless xpipe. Paid $1200 from www.radmustangs.com.

i cant wait to recieve them in hte mail. should be any day now:happyhapp

Lemme know what kind of #'s you put down with the brenspeed tune. Goodluck:bigthumbsup i cant wait to do my install with just jackstands haha. No need for bandaids if you got Man-Hands hahahahaha:shigrin

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Awesome man! Hope you like them... That's what I hope to be running eventually! :)

By the way, just some FYI... I saw some dyno charts of a F/I S197 with stock headers & mid-pipe compared with it after Kooks LT install...
47 HP increase. A little more than "a little more power" :happyhapp ! On N/A, I think the gain is around 25 HP, which isn't bad at all! :shigrin

I still have a 2" scar on the back of my right hand 3 years after my LT install. :happyhapp
STL, we need to see a damn pic of your hand already! You talk about it in every longtube thread hahaha!

·
Registered
558 Posts
STL I wanna know what you did to cut your hand open 2"!!!!!!! that aint no oops i slipped lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
longtubes

hope this aint dumb, but do you mean longtubes off stock headers, or headers with longtubes,,,,,,,,why would you need to retune? the exhaust gases,or airflow purposes...thanx..sully..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i love my bassani xpipe. im running it with the offroad legs. i love the loud rasp to it. but so do cops haha.

anyway, i just purchased a set of Kooks 1" 5/8 with kooks off-road stainless xpipe. Paid $1200 from www.radmustangs.com.

i cant wait to recieve them in hte mail. should be any day now:happyhapp

Lemme know what kind of #'s you put down with the brenspeed tune. Goodluck:bigthumbsup i cant wait to do my install with just jackstands haha. No need for bandaids if you got Man-Hands hahahahaha:shigrin
I have not had my car on a dyno yet. I want to get a a custom dyno tune pretty soon. I sticking with Bamachips right now. I am still planning on a Saleen SC and possibly some cams in the future. I don't want to pay the price for a custom tune until I'm done. From everyone I've talked to, I can safely expect 15 RWHP and 15-20 RWTQ from the headers over what I have now, plus a much improved exhaust sound. I'm hopping this is true. Its a lot of $$$.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered the same type of headers last week along with a brenspeed SCT tuner, they are getting coated right now. Just have to wait a couple weeks till I get back from Iraq.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
hope this aint dumb, but do you mean longtubes off stock headers, or headers with longtubes,,,,,,,,why would you need to retune? the exhaust gases,or airflow purposes...thanx..sully..:bigthumbsup
Lol... That's a little dumb, but that's okay! ;)

"Longtubes" are longtube headers which replace the stock headers.

I believe one needs a retune with longtubes because the 02 sensors are pushed further back & will send the ECU incorrect information & screw up the car. :p

·
Registered
259 Posts
I investigated headers pretty thoroughly before I forked out the money. But what really sold me on the Kooks was a black GT on youtube running on a road course. It was the best souding S197 I've heard. I have had a hard time making mine sound good. A good sound plus a little power is a win win for me.
Is this the vid you're talking about? My next exhaust is gonna be a Magnapack to go along with my Kooks L/T headers...I love the sound of his Stang...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukoZt09SZ6w

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have not had my car on a dyno yet. I want to get a a custom dyno tune pretty soon. I sticking with Bamachips right now. I am still planning on a Saleen SC and possibly some cams in the future. I don't want to pay the price for a custom tune until I'm done. From everyone I've talked to, I can safely expect 15 RWHP and 15-20 RWTQ from the headers over what I have now, plus a much improved exhaust sound. I'm hopping this is true. Its a lot of $$$.
yes a custom tune is expensive. my tuner charges 135$ a hour for tuning and it usualy takes about 4 hours for everything. well tnhats with the street tune. he throws me a race tune for free when i run race gas.

and yes. from what i talked with Rich over at radmustangs.com he said a solid 15RWHP would be a really good gain off the kooks LTs. My tuner is just sending me over a email tune so i can run the LT's so when i drive it down to his shop for my Head/Cam install he will tune them in aswell.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I picked up 20 rwhp with the Kooks LT`s and the off road x pipe.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
WOW!!! 20?. thats Great numbers!! who gave you the tune? Very Impressive BKid!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Is this the vid you're talking about? My next exhaust is gonna be a Magnapack to go along with my Kooks L/T headers...I love the sound of his Stang...:D

YouTube - 2005 Mustang GT Kooks LT, Magnapacks Acceleration Exhaust
Hell yeah, i love his stang too. I want mine to sound that badass bro.. I have thought about selling my Flowmasters, and buying all exhaust stuff for my next few upcoming mods.. I sure as hell want the Kooks LT headers + Midpipe, but i do not want to dish out $2200 for exhaust, figure $1350 for the lt headers package, 540$ for magnapacks, and then $400 for install of the headers.. Just does not seem worth it for the power i will get.. I may just stick to my ****** flowmasters lol

I hope this is the numbers i get when i do pony up the cash and buy the LT headers + H pipe... I do not want to get only 10rwhp or something crappy like that for that much $$..

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.