Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I picked up 20 rwhp with the Kooks LT`s and the off road x pipe.

Brent at Brenspeed told me that I should gain at least 15RWHP but 20 was very possible depending on the car. They will also free up a little more on a supercharged car. No matter what, they are a plus. I have not had my car on a dyno yet. I hope that I,m doing 300 at the tires and pushing the 12 second zone. I do know that my car is way quicker than stock. I might try to get it on a dyno before long.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
yes a custom tune is expensive. my tuner charges 135$ a hour for tuning and it usualy takes about 4 hours for everything. well tnhats with the street tune. he throws me a race tune for free when i run race gas.

and yes. from what i talked with Rich over at radmustangs.com he said a solid 15RWHP would be a really good gain off the kooks LTs. My tuner is just sending me over a email tune so i can run the LT's so when i drive it down to his shop for my Head/Cam install he will tune them in aswell.

Let me know how everything goes. I may go with CNC ported heads and cams next. I am at least going with cams.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Let me know how everything goes. I may go with CNC ported heads and cams next. I am at least going with cams.
i sure will let everyone know. ill post a new thread about my hole head/cam install with the longtubes. Im hoping for about 380 with a nice tune.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i sure will let everyone know. ill post a new thread about my hole head/cam install with the longtubes. Im hoping for about 380 with a nice tune.
If you can get 380 NA that would be awsome. If you do, I may do the same things and forget FI for a while.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If you can get 380 NA that would be awsome. If you do, I may do the same things and forget FI for a while.
380 is going to be hard to get. ill need to do other bolt ons aswell. like delete plates and UDP's. They are prob my next idea.

But with power comes suspension too. You need to have good suspension in order to stick to the ground. & a good tire.

So after my heads/cams im looking into some Mickey Thompson ET streets DR and some BMR subframe connectors.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.