Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to this board and new owner of a mustang. The mustang is a roller but the seller is including engine trans etc. Everything to get it up and running. My question is the engine is disassembled. With this being said what mods should I make while the engine is apart, mods that would be alot simpler if you will with the engine out and disassembled. I'm not looking really to break any major speed records or really even race it on the strip. Just really something with a little pep and nice sounding. I plan on making other mods to the top end ie intake heads. Thanks in advance for any advice.

R

·
0 Posts
since the motor is apart i would do standard rebuild rings,bearing gaskets etc.

oil pump replace is a must at this time

also the timing chain

also this would be a good time to reburbish the heads......

or if your budget allows H/C/I swap would be in order.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm not to mechanically sound. I will be working on this project with a mechanic that I know and he will be walking me through. Do they sale complete kits for rebuilding the engine?? What about doing a cam would this be the oppurtune time to do this as well. I'm thinking about doing different heads as well should I do this also or can that be done once I get the engine in? Sorry if I have so many questions just trying to get some what of a guide.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My opinion is you might as well do everything at once. Its going to be easier to do any kind of swapping parts or rebuilding with the motor out. You could do heads later but why wait and have to get new gaskets again for whatever you pull off? Just my two cents there. Especially if you'll have a mechanic with you, you might as well take advantage of it and do everything while hes willing to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.