Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I didn't get a bad deal but I had alot to carry over I traded my 04 mustang v6 with 14000 miles plus put 2000 down and Im leasing for 62 months with 6999 to pay at the end with monthly payments at 424 including extended warranty and gap they gave me 13000 for my car I still owed 19510 for it and I was mostly looking at the monthly payment Im on a tight buget. Its just your standard v6 model red with the black stripe across the door. I wanted a new car because I had a pretty bad wreck in the first one they had to replace half of the car but the dealership never asked so I didn't say anything and it wasn't showing up on carfax I had to bring it back several times before they got it right and it still had a small dent in the hood they said it came that way also it pulled to the right and he told me they do that so you won't fall a sleep at the wheel. Anyway I really like the new red one its beautiful and it has more power then my other one.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard redstang06.
May I ask? Why the long lease? 62 payments at $424 with a final payment of 7,000? Sounds like a [email protected]#$load of money.
I think you will be happy anyway.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy your new 'Stang. However, only $13,000 for your 05? According to KBB, you should have got $2000 - $3000 more unless your car was really ragged out.

G

·
bad deal? it may be the worst...if you can get out of it do it. thats way too much money for a car that isnt even yours at the end...that sounds too much like my gt payment and the gt'll be mine at the end...and whats with the 13000 for a 2004 mustang...i see guys selling 2000v6s for over 10000...shoulda went private on the sale...i bet you payments are exactly the same as the other v6 OWNERS on this site

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For my payments to be where I could afford it it had to be a long lease I think I had a bad deal at the begining then cause the o4 was going to cost me in the end a little over 30,000 cause I had carry over then too. this 2006 if I buy it at the end its about 2,500 more then the other which is about the difference in price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It may not be such a great deal but the payments were where I needed them I thought I did pretty good on the amount I got for my 2004 mustang considering at the dealerships here there going for around 14,000. I had alot of body work done on the car that they didnt ask about and it still wasn't fixed back the way it was, this guy hit me so hard the screw in the steering was bent. I had to replace the hood, quarter panel, rear panel, front bumper, and the door, plu they put a salage door back on it. I just wanted to get out of it because it was never going to be the same. All because some kid ran a red light. Oh well I love this new mustang its so much fun to drive better then the other one, im enjoying it so I guess thats what matters.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
uugghh......lease.....that means no mods....:sosad:

unless youre buying it at the end, but you wont want to, youll want to let it go and get a new one. some leases wont let you mod at any rate..... course modding may not have been your intention...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing I wanted to do was tint the windows and maybe put some racing stripes on it, I really need to keep the car at the end anyway I wont have as musch money in the next 5 or so years due to child support ending my son will be 18 (WOW don't even want to think about it) so thats 400 I won't have a month unless my situation changes I won't be able to make the payment.

·
Registered
103 Posts
redstang06 said:
The only thing I wanted to do was tint the windows and maybe put some racing stripes on it, I really need to keep the car at the end anyway I wont have as musch money in the next 5 or so years due to child support ending my son will be 18 (WOW don't even want to think about it) so thats 400 I won't have a month unless my situation changes I won't be able to make the payment.
is your car torch red ? you goin' for 13" wide white stripes ? :tongue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes its torch red, Im not sure what color stripes Im leaning towards white but the tape stripe on the door is black so Im not sure yet, plus I have no clue where to get them done here in Fort Worth Texas

·
Registered
412 Posts
Geezus -- am I the only one here who looks at this deal and thinks that it might be the WORST possible deal I have ever seen on a car?!

A 62-month lease with a 7k bill still owed at the end to buy the car?

And $424.00 a month for a V6???

Dude -- if you have to do that much stretching to get into a vehicle you can't afford it!!!

If you were my kid I'd beat you to within an inch of your life for allowing yourself to be suckered into such a horrible transaction!!!

:eek:

·
Registered
758 Posts
My V6 I have a 6 year loan at 7.25% and pay $432. I'll OWN it at the end tho.Thats not to mention I'll refinance it in another year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That payment is more than my purchase of a 2006 loaded GT...and I put no money down and had no trade. My loan is 72 months...but, still I get the car at the end of the deal, and I pay less a month than your payment. Sounds like a lot of money for a long time on a car you don't even own at the end. I also never like leasing longer than the factory warranty.

Tilt

·
Registered
200 Posts
From the post reply's you have sent it sounds like you are trying to justify the purchase. Most states you have 7 days to get out of a deal. Trouble is you traded a car and in most cases a dealership getting a great deal on there part will get rid of the trade asap. That way it is almost impossible for you to change your mind. Which is exactly what you should do...Look at the hard numbers, sure $425.00 something sounds good and maybe it is in your range (high range). How much for insurance per year? Not knowing your age I would guess about $1,500.00 a year. OK now you are at $550.00 month. Gas,washes yadda yadda... Now what can you buy for $35,000.00. That's what you are paying for the Mustang after all is said and done. Not counting Tires,maintenance and what ever breaks that's not covered under warranty.
Once again,Run don't walk to the dealer and get your old car back and start over. If you thought you were buried in the 04, why dig a deeper hole. Sorry for the sermon, but "Been There Done That"!
It's your call,just my 2cents...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hate to agree with everyone else, and I hate to tell you that you made that salesman's day, but you did. I worked in the car business for a couple of years, now I sell motorcycles and we would have loved you to come into our store wiht those numbers. But I'll tell you what if you love the car and are happy, then whatever enjoy your new car and watch out for the ***holes on the road. :shocked:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok already

:worship Gee wiz alright already so I didn't get that good of a deal but I was really upside down in the o4 mustang and I wanted to get out of it because I was in a wreck and it was never going to be the same over 50% of the car had to be replaced so concidering I was upside down I thought I did the best I could. Im not a kid Im a woman 37 a single mom of 1 and my family didn't think I did too bad since I was so upside down. Yes at the end when I keep it I am paying alot for it but I was upside down in the 04 also so I would have been paying 30,000 for it as well. so I was screwed all the way around. With all that being said I love the car.

·
Registered
465 Posts
If you were that much upside down maybe the dealer did you favor. At any rate, even if you have to pay through the wazoo, you are probably better off. Just enjoy you car and be careful out there!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hoodlum said:
My V6 I have a 6 year loan at 7.25% and pay $432. I'll OWN it at the end tho.Thats not to mention I'll refinance it in another year.
I'm about at the same range. $475/mo on a 6 year loan and plan to refinance as soon as I can get a better rate.
What screwed me is that I still owed money on my trade-in and though the dealer gave me a decent bluebook value price for it, I still had to owe around an additional $1,000 that was put on the cost of the Mustang.

Many dealers aren't very flexible on the prices of the new Mustangs and I don't think they offer employee discounts on them this year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.