Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always up for a cruise but when I saw this I decided against it. Check out the videos on this site. Is it just me, or are these guys promoting irresponsible driving. I guess I must be getting old but I think this represents everything bad about our hobby.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64767

·
Registered
538 Posts
IMO- It seems kinda controlled but I can see what you mean. Its something you definitly dont want to do everyday. Unless you hav an unlimited budget for tires.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
2horseowner said:
I'm always up for a cruise but when I saw this I decided against it. Check out the videos on this site. Is it just me, or are these guys promoting irresponsible driving. I guess I must be getting old but I think this represents everything bad about our hobby.

Yeah, fun, untill some yahoo hits you car or the CHP or local Sheriff swoop down, I'll pass

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
There's something to be said for half the guys in a tailgate party run, leaving the parking lot sideways.

Awful lot of young faces in that crowd.

Sure seems to be a large horsepower to age ratio.

Let's see... Mine's 8.11:1 :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
12.5:1 for my HP:Age ratio but I definitely agree with y'all about the irresponsibility. It's actually one of the reasons why I stopped being involved with the local Porsche group's drives. They're fun, but they move a lot faster than I want to go on public roads. Take it to the track, that's all there is to say.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can't wait

I'm actually going to this event on Saturday. I personally won't be doing this type of driving, I don't want any attention from the boys in blue. So I will just be riding along, as I'm sure a lot of people will be doing as well. I'm just excited to be around so many fellow Mustangers. I've been wanting to do this for a while so I can hardly wait. BTW my HP/Age ratio is 12.7:1.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I feel old - 7.3:1 (without mods)

·
Registered
636 Posts
2horseowner said:

You're probably right 2-Horse. I'll give them one thing though - some good video work :bounce2:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
egads! my ratio is 6.12:1!!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
First let me start off by saying WOW. I went to the cruise put together by Stable productions this weekend. What a turn out it was. There were at least 70 cars including an AC 427 cobra, a 1967 (I think) Shelby, '00 SVT Cobra R a bunch of Terminators and a bad ass C6 Vette. The weather was perfect for a cruise up PCH. Also there was absolutelly no irratic driving from anyone. No doughnuts, burn outs, street racing sure we reved the hell out of our engines but that was it. Just a bunch of proud Mustangs owner, Oh yeah and the proud Vette owner too, doing what they love most, driving our Stangs. You guys in the S. Cali region really have to come down next year. I mean it felt great when people on PCH would pull over just to see all the cars pass them by. I felt like I was part of a freakin' parade. It was a great feeling and it made me proud to own a car that has so much history behind it. You must check this cruise out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts