Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get my 2008 V6 Mustang jumped a few times yesterday, so I cleaned my battery and connections and it still didn't want to start. I pulled the battery out and went to Autozone to have them test it. Turns out I had a dead cell in the manufacturer battery to I had to replace it. With the new battery in my car fired right up so I took it for a drive and noticed my A/C is no longer blowing out cold air. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? I also had a "Tire Pressure Monitor System Fault" appear on my dash, but I checked my air pressure and after about a minute of driving that turned off. So now the A/C is main concern. Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Then check the pressure swtich on the accumulator if the fuse is good. If the switch is bad, they're like $25 and most parts places have them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got up early before work to check the fuses and the A/C was working great, all the fuses looked good so for now the problem is solved.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I've known 5 other people including myself who have gone to auto-zone to have there batteries tested and all of them had a dead cell.
I took my mothers car there and I knew the battery was'nt bad she just wanted a new one for the winter, like I said they said it had a bad cell, got her a dura-last gold and I kept her battery to run my log splitter....the batterys still working since last fall.
My mom also has a mustang, a 2003, after auto zone replaced it for free and I was on my way home some dash lights came on, I was a little worried too that they messed up something. The next day they also went away.
Dont they have to have a special tool that keeps currrent running through the system when replacing the battery so it does'nt let your computer lose it's memory?? mabey this was the reason and the computer had to re-learn itself.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dont they have to have a special tool that keeps currrent running through the system when replacing the battery so it does'nt let your computer lose it's memory?? mabey this was the reason and the computer had to re-learn itself.
Can't remember where but I read it's not recommended to do that on these cars.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Can't remember where but I read it's not recommended to do that on these cars.

That memory thing sounds odd. I have disconnected mine a few times to do maintenance on the terminals and it was out of the car while installing the x charger ( a couple of days for me). When hooked back up everything worked fine,,,no hic cups in any systems,,except the clock :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts