Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just registered and wanted to say hi! My name is Chris, I'm 24 years old from Central PA. I grew up around my fathers mustangs all my life but finally purchased one of my own. Found a 2012 5.0 used and couldn't resist. The car is amazing, can't wait to modify!:bounce2:

·
Registered
304 Posts
welcome, you'll definitely find alot of answers and people willing to share opinions and advice here.. good group of people.. theres so much you can do to the new 5.0. aftermarket companies have been going crazy releasing new products... i think theres something like 10 different supercharger kits already?!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive seen a couple references to "glass motors" ... or #8 problems... what exactly is this about? is it just with the 2011's?

·
Registered
304 Posts
im a fox body guy, but a ford mechanic by trade and an all things ford fan so i dont limit myself to only the foxes.. i have heard that some people here and there have been having problems with some performance tunes.. definitely a small fraction of those people who bought the tunes experienced it and i havent seen it happen to a stock 2011 at least yet (maybe someone else has)..

but i think the issue was that when these cars first came out some of the performance tuners were trying different things and they found out the hard way that messing with the knock sensors tune file had some negative effects so most leave that tune alone now.. also if you get a 93 octane tune and use 87 gas then that is asking for failure there, and in some cases that's what it turned out to be..

im sure there are people who know more about the issue that me but from what ive gathered (and seen first hand) its either too aggressive of a tune and not using the right gas or messing with the factory tune that is there to protect the motor

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Kyle!

G

·
Welcome to AFM! Sad that someone didn't want their new Stang but it worked out because you got a new toy! Get some pics up when you get a chance. Browse around... there's a lot of good info here.
:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts