Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
this isnt a rich boy car its totally blue collar!!! and in responce to your test drive imnot sayin go and beat the hell out of it im tellin you its got alot o balls boy. damn arnt we wound tight.geez!!!!LOL vynle:sterb: p.s save your pennies ,take back all the cans you can find., hell start a dog walkin service and go buy a gt ( just dont get an automatic .) oh no now i did it , automatic guys are sensitive arround here. oops. vynle:wavey

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Off topic... I read about a person in an article in the Chicago Tribune that discussed a dog walker in California that walks dogs for the rich and she makes $150,000 per year walkin dogs... now aint that some sh!!t?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Off topic... I read about a person in an article in the Chicago Tribune that discussed a dog walker in California that walks dogs for the rich and she makes $150,000 per year walkin dogs... now aint that some sh!!t?
Yeah, but are those dogs canine or human? :sterb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
vynle said:
this isnt a rich boy car its totally blue collar!!! and in responce to your test drive imnot sayin go and beat the hell out of it im tellin you its got alot o balls boy. damn arnt we wound tight.geez!!!!LOL vynle:sterb: p.s save your pennies ,take back all the cans you can find., hell start a dog walkin service and go buy a gt ( just dont get an automatic .) oh no now i did it , automatic guys are sensitive arround here. oops. vynle:wavey
I know the darn car has balls! I drove it... It even says in my article thing. And I could afford one if i wanted to get a loan... But then i'd have to pay full coverage insurance and about 300-600 a month for one. I'd just rather put $15,000 or $20,000 in my '94 and have a show car thats faster than a new GT. My '94 only has 37,000 miles on it and if i put $20,000 or even $28,000 (the cost of a new GT) in it, it'd be better in ALL aspects than a new GT except the fact that its just not "new". Expecially since my car is almost perfect now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
kamo00 said:
I know the darn car has balls! I drove it... It even says in my article thing. And I could afford one if i wanted to get a loan... But then i'd have to pay full coverage insurance and about 300-600 a month for one. I'd just rather put $15,000 or $20,000 in my '94 and have a show car thats faster than a new GT. My '94 only has 37,000 miles on it and if i put $20,000 or even $28,000 (the cost of a new GT) in it, it'd be better in ALL aspects than a new GT except the fact that its just not "new". Expecially since my car is almost perfect now.
And if I put $5,000 (the cost of your '94) into my NEW GT, Your '94 will never be as good as my '05, including comfort, handling, HP, etc. Quit hating the SN197.....jeeesh :sterb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Im not hating it, im just saying i prefer my car more. And just a good supercharger for your car costs more than $5000.00 The fact is newer car parts cost more. And after $28,000 a 5.8 liter supercharged motor would be sitting between my frame rails, so dont even try to say anything about "my car would have more hp if i put $5,000 in my'n and you put $28,00 in yours".

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did sombody in here say something about autos? :sterb:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yep !!!:sterb: Bring it :happyhapp I got one of each. I fight from the front and the rear! hahaha !! Funny that will never end either.

Auto vs. Stick ... (just wrote that for the future searches)
sandyman said:
Did sombody in here say something about autos? :sterb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
about what the car can/can't do...the first time i really got into mine was with my 350 lb bro-in-law in the passenger seat and his 180 lb son in the back. i'm 230 and here's how it went. got her rolling easy in 1st upto about 3k rpm's with the clutch all the way out. went WOT and started getting sideways to the left holding at about 5800. hit second and got sideways to the right again holding at about 5800. chirped third then had to slow down for a hard curve. in sum there was 750 lbs of Texan smoking tires w/o slipping/popping clutch.

Only mods: JLT/SCT2(91)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Regarding $10K over GT MSRP compared to Roush site saying sport is $6.5k over GT MSRP - "roush sport - core components" are $6.5k, optional components, like leather seats, lots of interior stuff, and even chin spoiler I believe, are all "optional". Most Sports have a lot of "optional" components as well.

My Roush came in around 10K over GT MSRP....$3500 in "optional" Roush components.

Yes, $10K is a lot of dough just for show..especially for me who always believed in having more go than show...I have since invested a bit in the go (or is that stop), and plan to do more...but man, more than once each day, I find myself staring at my car and all of a sudden I'm sportin' wood..:laughlitt

To me...hate me if you want...regular GTs compared to Roush's are like talking to that girl with a "nice personality" at the prom compared to spending some QT behind the bleachers with the Roush prom queen.... :winks

As far as weak clutch - I never felt that.
Squishy brakes - yes I noticed that too, hence my "stop" mods.
Lack of Torque - not to me...this is my highest low-end torque car -compared to my previous previous Boxster S....which I guess was about as fast but never felt quite as fast...

·
Registered
261 Posts
youd be far better off putting the $for a roush into a gt. when my cars done itll blow a roush away and for far less and i wont hav his name on my car . dont get me wrong i like roush racing , hell kenseth's my boy ,but unless you got the s/c theres really no diff. in performance and asthetics can always be done after . maybe roush has a better suspention that is standerd but those parts can be put on a stock gt also. your payin really for his name on your car! thx vynle.:)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Bobbo said:
Regarding $10K over GT MSRP compared to Roush site saying sport is $6.5k over GT MSRP - "roush sport - core components" are $6.5k, optional components, like leather seats, lots of interior stuff, and even chin spoiler I believe, are all "optional". Most Sports have a lot of "optional" components as well.

My Roush came in around 10K over GT MSRP....$3500 in "optional" Roush components.

Yes, $10K is a lot of dough just for show..especially for me who always believed in having more go than show...I have since invested a bit in the go (or is that stop), and plan to do more...but man, more than once each day, I find myself staring at my car and all of a sudden I'm sportin' wood..:laughlitt

To me...hate me if you want...regular GTs compared to Roush's are like talking to that girl with a "nice personality" at the prom compared to spending some QT behind the bleachers with the Roush prom queen.... :winks

As far as weak clutch - I never felt that.
Squishy brakes - yes I noticed that too, hence my "stop" mods.
Lack of Torque - not to me...this is my highest low-end torque car -compared to my previous previous Boxster S....which I guess was about as fast but never felt quite as fast...
So you're saying:

GT = "Nice personality"
Roush = prom queen

Is that right? If it is, my opinion, you won't be able to tell the difference in the sack with the lights out :tongue Hehehehe:winks :winks

·
Registered
261 Posts
if above statement is true: gt= "nice personality" - roush = prom queen . i say "nice personality" gos to the doc to get prom queen looks , but "prom queen" could possibly be high maintanence and probably a spoiled b#@%h!!!LOL:winks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I never said the car couldn't do it, i just said it didn't during the course of my driving, and that i was dissapointed that the car stalled when i let the clutch out rather slowly at 2000 rpms and it stalled. I am at a MUCH higher elevation up here and these cars have alot less power at this altitude because thinner air= less air volume. Less air volume= less fuel into the engine which=less power. The fastest i have seen an '05 run at Bandimere was a low 15 and thats when it was equipped with an intake and a few other small mods. A totally stock GT up here runs low to mid 15's. Elevation has a huge influence on the amount of power a car can make. Our 600 HP dragcar, a plymouth fury only ran a best of 11.97 with drag radials.

·
Registered
676 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
GT = "Nice personality"
Roush = prom queen
That sums up my experiences.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Holy MOLY!!! I just read an article posted on here about a 05 gt that was supercharged by MM&FF and all i can say is WHOA!!! Maybe my '94 with a 5.8 and super charger would be faster, but a 281 making 460 horsepower with a stock engine and on pump gas :worship :eyepoppin. I just might actually go for an '05 now.... :drool:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts