Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I love this forum and have been a viewer for about a year and a half now...i love the members and the topics brought up. I became a mustang owner (2010 sterling gray v6) in august 2009 and loved the car, but was never fully satisfied wanting that gt. After a few months I come across an article regarding the 2011 v6 and wanted to blow up from the inside. It affected me dearly having the old engine. I would look at posts 2010 v6 vs 2011 v6 every day and try to justify my purchase. If I would of known I would of waited.

Like many other 2010 owners, I wanted to trade in and upgrade...i would go in to galpin ford (i had a friend as manager working) and try to work out number to trade for 2011 v6 or even 2010 v8. For 50 dollars more a month I did not feel too much of a difference between the new engine and old at lower rpms (80 percent city driving) and the 2010 v8 was out of reach at the time so instead I put a bama 91 race tune, dual exhaust and c&l intake after researching these forums and boy did that change things....but I was still living a lie every day as my car wasnt a true muscle car.

I tried to accept, tried to love, but just wasnt completely happy...id always be on the 2011+ forums like many other who dont have a 2011+ ;) ...so I see a memorial day sale and try once again to upgrade...and no settling this time, I wanted the v8 412 hp muscle car of my dreams. I expected my payments to go up around 70 dollars; but with little money down, the great deal on my car (dealer bought it for 17k after 2 years when i bought it for 22k), and lower interest I drove away with 2011 kona blue gt. wowwwww!!! what a difference im so happy in heaven and at such a young age getting it all on my own working through college.

Getting the car you want is possible if you want it enough and are persistent, there is no point driving a car that doesnt make you completely happy every day, I love all mustang owners, but there is nothing like driving a v8 :)

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Great to have you with us, Congrats on your GT , be safe and enjoy !!! :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Awesome. Congratulations on the new V8!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I tried to accept, tried to love, but just wasnt completely happy...
Congrats!

It depends on your goals. If you want a mustang to serve as a daily driver/winter car, the v8 isnt that great of a choice, so I would not knock V6 owners.

Myself I wanted a weekend toy, so like yourself, I went with a Kona GT 6mt.
This is my 2nd 5.0 (first was an 88), and there is no comparison. I feel like I am strapping into a fighter plane with this car.

PS no tranny issues yet at 2000 miles :winks

·
Registered
146 Posts
congrats...
Welcome to the world of real mustangs

ohh.. can't wait to get the responses from the V6 folk
relax v6 people, dont be mad at me you're lacking 107hp right out of the box lol

JK

·
Registered
348 Posts
An honest post from a 2010 owner.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club!!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congrats on the new V8! I live in the SFV and was about to buy mine from Galpin but they didn't have any manual V8's at the time so I ended up buying mine from Vista, which is literally a mile away from my place.

·
Registered
384 Posts
congrats...
Welcome to the world of real mustangs

ohh.. can't wait to get the responses from the V6 folk
relax v6 people, dont be mad at me you're lacking 107hp right out of the box lol

JK
Guess a GT500 owner can say the same thing right? :gringreen

JK .. I love um all - one of each and they are all great!!!

Hey OP .. great choice you will love your new toy for sure. Ours is nothing but fun and no big issues at all - CS at 10500 miles and counting.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Guess a GT500 owner can say the same thing right? :gringreen

JK .. I love um all - one of each and they are all great!!!

Hey OP .. great choice you will love your new toy for sure. Ours is nothing but fun and no big issues at all - CS at 10500 miles and counting.
i guess ur right ..
but im a sucker for a nice v8

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my v8 is my dd :D im very happy daily now haha and i seriously have nothing against v6s this aint the camaro club (i respect all american btw)...its just when i tell someone i got a mustang the first thing asked is "a v8" and always just had the i couldve shouldve feeling and i think every v6 owner could relate in some way or once inawhile it might cross their mind... oh and i love the color but its a scrath magnet!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I know pretty much exactly how you feel, I just went from a 2009 V6 Premium to a new GT on 5/27.

I think the V6s are GREAT cars and I loved every minute with mine but, like you, I sorta wanted the GT then and the feeling just kept getting stronger and stronger until I could no longer resist.

I cracked last October while getting my oil changed... a dangerous thing to do if you have cravings because you'll have about 30 minutes or so on your hands with nothing to do but stare at the brochures and try on the shiny new cars. :laugh:

·
Registered
461 Posts
my v8 is my dd :D im very happy daily now haha and i seriously have nothing against v6s this aint the camaro club (i respect all american btw)...its just when i tell someone i got a mustang the first thing asked is "a v8" and always just had the i couldve shouldve feeling and i think every v6 owner could relate in some way or once inawhile it might cross their mind... oh and i love the color but its a scrath magnet!
As a proud 2011 V6 owner, I have to completely agree. I love my V6 and will make mods to increase HP. But there is something special about saying, "yea its a V8". Most people think I have an 8 becasue of the dual exhaust (the average person does not notice the tips are not rolled tips like on th GT). But I never lie, its a 6 and I love it, but I do look forward to the day I pass it down to my baby and I get my new 8. They better still be making V8 in a couple years.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ill be honest, i live in a place where we get a ton of snow jn the winter and i just figured the realistic choice for a daily driver was the v6.. Otherwise i would have bought the gt (2012)..

412 hp even with snows amd traction control is nuts, 305 is doable

·
Registered
203 Posts
2011 v6 are really nice cars and have super engine:bigthumbsup
i dont think it is the power, what makes you switch to the GT
it is ......

:naughty that sweet sounding V8:worship

·
Registered
585 Posts
Good for you man, congratulations. I guess you're now beyond the denial stage :winks Enjoy those extra cylinders and ponies. And yes, the fact you're paying for it on your own while working your way through college is commendable. Now go take that beast for a nice ride.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I still love gettin' down on the pedal with a buddy in the car, then pulling over , popping the hood, and watching his eyes fall out of his head and roll around on the ground when he sees that my burly little pony is nothing more than a tuned and CAI'd 2011 6'er! Looking forward to supercharging this thing one day. I don't need no stinking V8! :shigrin But you know I'd take one in a heartbeat! Congratulations on your trade! 2010 V6 to 2011 GT IS a world of difference! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good for you man, congratulations. I guess you're now beyond the denial stage :winks Enjoy those extra cylinders and ponies. And yes, the fact you're paying for it on your own while working your way through college is commendable. Now go take that beast for a nice ride.
lets not forget our financially demanding ladies ;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
This thread is dangerously similar to the fall 2010 V8 vs V6 smackdown thread which was closed because of the evential hysteria which ensued.

Frankly, I don't see any good coming from this thread.

Let the trolling begin. I'll sit this one out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
V6>v8 :laugh: jk I'm actually planning on trading my v6 next summer for that beast 5.0, having that 5.0 badge, n that sound just make me feel better.. I still love my v6 tho, great power n mpgs. Plus when you beat an old v8 with that v6 it makes u feel soo good..just saying

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.