Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the car is barely 6 months old. :hihi:

Man I love driving this car. I can't wait to se how many miles I put on it by the end of 1 year.

How's your milage looking?

S

·
0 Posts
Unfortunately we only have about 3,800 miles on the clock. That disappoints me as I'm the first one to preach agains "garage queens". I think it boils down to the fact that we have other stangs to drive and if it looks like hail she doesn't come out of the garage. I guess I'm somewhat of a hypocrite. :hihi:

I'll just let rip with a big ol' road trip next year and that ought to rack up a few miles.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
61,000 in 20 months. Top THAT!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just cracked 10,000km (6250 miles), about 5 and 3/4 months old. It seems like I'm driving all the time but I guess not that far as that's not really much mileage, probably avg.

·
Registered
787 Posts
13,360 in 18 months. What the heck am I doing???

Seriously, I work near a lot of chemical plants in Texas where the films on your paint at the end of the day can be from caked up dust to sticky goo!!

AND NOBODY WILL FESS UP TO THEIR $&&@-UP!!

I drive it to work when the sky is clear and one can run from incoming, suspicious clouds..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it looks like I'm not as bad as I thought I was. I figure I should end up the year around 16,000 - 20,000 miles on the speedo.

I figure by that time they'll have some plan to extend the factory warranty from the 3 yrs 36,000 to something loger.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
2,800 miles in 10 months ..almost time for 1st oil change. We drive the wifes Pony car most of the time :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
15 months, 11,000 miles. Because of traffic and weather here in LA I take my 06 Harley Davidson most of the time.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
J&D said:
13,360 in 18 months. What the heck am I doing???

Seriously, I work near a lot of chemical plants in Texas where the films on your paint at the end of the day can be from caked up dust to sticky goo!!

AND NOBODY WILL FESS UP TO THEIR $&&@-UP!!

I drive it to work when the sky is clear and one can run from incoming, suspicious clouds..
My dad used to work at Georgia Gulf, in Pasadena. What a sh!tty town that is... Stinkadena. I grew up in Houston and dreaded having to go over there for the weekend.

Anyways, I'm 20 miles from 16,500, took delivery 9/27/05, so 11 months here.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
5twenty said:
Your car is already a senior citizen :shocked:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
MickMach said:
2,800 miles in 10 months ..almost time for 1st oil change. We drive the wifes Pony car most of the time :)
Change the oil. Poor car.

I took delivery mid last October and have ~2450 miles. Almost ready for 3rd oil change. I had the oil changed just before driving off the lot, in the spring after it sat all winter and I'll have it changed again in the fall.
I need "drive to" destinations! I don't want to pay to insure it full time if I'll end up driving it just 20 miles every other week.

Maybe I should change jobs, just so I can drive!

·
Registered
538 Posts
5twenty said:
Hows the paint holding up??

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
HazMatLadder26 said:
Hows the paint holding up??
The paint looks great. I drive through and automated car wash at least 5 times a week and that will dull it up a bit after a few months. But a good clay bar job and some Zaino Z5 makes it look brand new again.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Your car is already a senior citizen :shocked:
An 11 second senior citizen.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Okay, I admit it, I have a fair weather toy....14 months old and only 2454 miles on her. I did have her oil changed at 1000 miles. Obvioulsy I drive her more in the summer than the winter, but in either case mostly just on weekends. I refuse to commute in her or to just sit in traffic with her.

5twenty, I admire you big time...60K miles...one can truly say you have gotton your money's worth. In most cases, I am selling my car by 60K miles. I put close to 40K miles on my daily driver last year. We are almost 9 months into this year and I have put 24K miles on all the cars I drive, spread out over three cars, 16K on the Fusion, 7k on the Eclipse (now sold) and 1k on the Stang.

My Stang will probably me a low mileage caar for sometime.

·
Registered
607 Posts
11,500 miles and 15 months old

·
Registered
72 Posts
about 15 months and 5600 miles - only fair weather on weekends and no winter; two oil changes, one tire rotation and rear end fixed for whining - 2 coats of wax and one claybar.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
1500 miles and 1 month old. Wife's vert stang 8000 miles and 4 months old.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On an unrelated note. Someone hit me in the driver's side rear wheel well and left a ding in my fender and scrapped off a little paint. F%^@!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts