Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont understand why no one is interested in buying a classic car!:?: i really dont. its really nice and i have a cheap price on it compared to what it was appraised at. guess i just dont get it!:frustrated:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Maybe they are like me, no money and no room to put it. Its just a bad time right now to try and sell anything. Ive been thinking about selling my Grand National but you would almost have to give it away so it just sits in the garage.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What i would do for a grand national haha. Unfortunatly 17 year olds dont make much money mowing lawns:sosad: tell you what doug, a grand and ill take her off of ya...:winks
But yea, this isn't the time for selling cars. Keep it for a few more years. You should post the link for us to tell you what we think of our first impressions. Because first impressions are what make people notice the adds. Constructive criticism of advertising haha.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Despite any number of appraisals a collectable is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Right now the collector car market is suffering from the same down turn (lack of disposable income) as the art industry and every other optional discretionary purchase. Right now is a bad time to sell houses, cars, art, and tools.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would love to post the link but not sure how to do that! im new to this so just not sure how. the one thing i keep hearing is that if it was a convertable everyone would buy it, and i have seen alot of people buying just shells for almost what im askin for my car! and there is really nothing to do to mine but drive it!!! if someone would let me know how to post the link i would be happy to do that.:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I took a look at your ad in the classifieds section. Do you have the ad up on any other sites? I'd certainly make sure I keep a current ad on Craigslist. I noticed you're not far from North Platte. I think you'd be in line putting it in the Lincoln and Omaha Craigslist...maybe Denver as well?

Also, a few more and bigger pictures certainly wouldn't hurt. A few shots of the engine, maybe?

The thing you need to remember, though is that it is a very run-of-the-mill coupe. The demand and resale on these cars just isn't as good as the more-desirable convertible and fastback.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I saw some really nice classics being sold for crazy low prices at the Barrett-Jackson Auction last weekend. Perhaps it's not the time to sell in general?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Also it's not a matter of how much it cost to buy the car it's the thought of how much money it's going to cost to maintain the car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Selling isn't fun at all!

I agree with derfiticulum:bigthumbsup. Also, take more flattering photos, vacuum the carpet, take numerous photos showing off your stangs best attributes. Don't show the car sitting on a trailer! I thought it was a rolling chassis at first. When I'm surfing through Craigslist,ie, I can click for a nanosecond of whether I want to look at a particular car or pass it by~ it's that first impression when trying to catch someone's attention. Look at your competition and how they are advertising, and don't list how desperate you may be to sell, and I can gurantee you, first thing you'll hear or in written format, "WHAT'S THE LOWEST YOU'LL TAKE?" I've been shopping just for fun, and there are many classic mustangs for sale(and other classics). So, reaccess your strategy, repost flattering photos and list everything your stang has to offer.
Selling isn't any fun at all!!!
dne'

I took a look at your ad in the classifieds section. Do you have the ad up on any other sites? I'd certainly make sure I keep a current ad on Craigslist. I noticed you're not far from North Platte. I think you'd be in line putting it in the Lincoln and Omaha Craigslist...maybe Denver as well?

Also, a few more and bigger pictures certainly wouldn't hurt. A few shots of the engine, maybe?

The thing you need to remember, though is that it is a very run-of-the-mill coupe. The demand and resale on these cars just isn't as good as the more-desirable convertible and fastback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.