Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 16 years old and have a 66' mustang i got out of luck from my Aunt who let it sit after owning a GT500kr, GTO, etc. I just wanted to commend Ford on how well these cars really are, as compared to cars modern day cars. For what they are and how old, my car is a daily driver with no problems after 45+ years and i just dont think i could say that about any car now in days lasting that long. The simplicity is there, but its also tough and can handle the shaking of a loud exhaust no problem, etc. Just wanted to share my aww on these cars lol:worship

·
Registered
288 Posts
A 16 year old with a sense of perspective! Son, your going good places in life, I sense a good attitude an appreciation for things.

Good post- good luck with your car!

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
It appears even though it sat, it was somehow cared for, this makes a big difference in its condition, my 65 (flintstone car) fb, sat outside most of its life, and I am literally paying the price now, almost any metal within 1 ft of the ground has rust, and I'm not talking surface rust, when I finish, it will be driven occassionaly and parked in the garage the rest of time. Do yourself a favor and try to keep it dry, and keep checking the cowl vents drains that they don't become plugged, or the drain holes in the doors, and the drain holes in the outside rails in front of the rear tires. And they are rugged, and well built, the 289 is highly dependable. Good Luck.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will man, thanks. I cleaned out the garage just to keep it in there lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Their simplicity is what makes them such great collector cars. It is not intimidating to work on one of these yourself. I am a professional auto technician and have been for 33 years. When I'm driving my Mustang or any other vintage car, there is not much that can go wrong that I can't quickly diagnose and repair on the spot. The newer cars, like my 05 Five Hundred, even if I have a pretty good idea what's broke, the odds of fixing it on the side of the road are slim. By the same token, the newer cars will turn hundreds of thousands of miles without much in the way of major repairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts