Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again, i dont know if im just a worry wart or what but this is my first mustang 4.6 V8 GT, 2005 bought it with just 10,000km on it. Now im not new to Ford engines but i am to the mustang and my question is, is the 4.6 V8 alittle noisy when its cold, i also have a 2008 Ranger with the 4l V6 and I know it makes abit of noise until it warms up.The reason i ask this is because the mustang seems to be pretty loud until she reaches runnning temp, i dont think that too much could go wrong with only 10,000km on it but just wanting your opinions, i know its like asking for the weather forecast haha, but thanks in advance

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine does it too... Its prob just idling a bit higher at startup. Shouildnt be a problem unless its surging and revving at operating temp.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Yes they are noisy. There's a little valve train noise and injector ticking. Don't think you need to worry. Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

i love the car for sure, cant wait for the bonus and i can start putting some real mods on it. anyways i read here that the cylinders have knock sensors, just wondering what that is, does that mean if the cylinder starts knocking that it will spit a code? just curious

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
All the mod motors have piston slap until they are up to temp. When they first came out they were a LOT noisier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.