Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, if you had the perfect numbers matching K code...fastback, pony, GT, 4 speed, would you leave it as it is, or do the same upgrades Shelby did in the day? intake manifold and carb change? Is it worth the horsepower...or is it better to leave this kind of perfection stock? My intentions are to drive this car....and for the moment I drive a 67 with a 347 stroker. I don't want to feel like I'm trading down.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Leave the K-code alone and keep it stock!!! It's not even close to being worth the horsepower to remove any of the original parts.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
It comes down to a personal preferance. I however as well as many on this forum would prefer you leave the car as it is.

There is so much more character, nostalgia, and originality with owning and driving an orginal K-code car. Not to mention you are in small group of envied people who can say they have and drive one.

Last but not least, you take away from the value if you make changes to the stock motor.

The appreciation of having a car with this character should be enough to deter your feeling of making changes to the motor.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's your car and you need to do with it what you want and what will make you happy. I have a numbers matching '70 convertible but I made the decision that this is my car and I'm going to do what I want with it. I just make sure that any mods I make to it can be reversed so if I decide to ever sell it the next owner will have the option of putting it all back to stock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree that it's your car and you should do with it as you see fit. The things you are talking about can all be easily reversed (if you hang on to the original parts) - high rise intake manifold, different carb, tri-y headers. It will give you more performance just like it did for Shelby and an extra 30 hp will be felt. If you ever want to sell it then having the original parts will make it more valuable. Personnally, I have resisted changing mine, but that's my choice nad not yours. Whatever you end up doing, enjoy it!
Jack

·
Registered
520 Posts
It will never be as fast as a car you already have so dont even bother. Have a show stopper and a street dominator. Its the perfect combo.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will never be as fast as a car you already have so dont even bother. Have a show stopper and a street dominator. Its the perfect combo.:bigthumbsup
I guess this is what I'm going to do. I have pretty much done the mods to the 67, so I guess I'll stick to stock!

Thanks everyone...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.