Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed these? If so did it help at high RPM shifting? Especially between 2nd and 3rd? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The engine and the K member were designed to support the engine. If you want to reduce the movement of the engine use stiffer motor mounts. I have seen busted bell housings where they were tied to torque limiters.

I did find that the urethane motor mounts improved the shift performance and made the front of the car feel stiffer.

I also put a brace between the K member and the radiator support tied to the sway bar mount. I can't say for certain I can feel that.

It is only partially installed in this picture.

B
0 Posts
You will feel a little more NVH with the brace and torque limiters but if your car was like mine and didn't come with a K memeber brace to start with it is worth it. I've also got a set of Prothane engine mounts and the SS braided clutch line. My problem has never been the 2-3 just the high rpm 1-2 wants to grind a little.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya lower rpm fine..... 5500 and up forget it I can't hit third or fourth... I have a ram clutch and a billet flywheel would grind now cant put into gears at high rpm. I also have a hurst was thinking about putting the stock back just to see if that helps. I have heard motor mounts like u said. Thx for your help guys.

Hope it is not my tr3650 on it's way out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agree, starting to see that this is pretty common. the clutch feels great... even with the stock clutch it would grind. I have Royal Purple tranny fluid also hoping that would help.

Tonight I think I will throw the stock shifter in if I get a chance and take it out for a run... I have had the hurst in for 3 yrs, but really dont think it will help but it is worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The Amsoil ATF made mine much smoother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts