Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of work in the front end to do and I am looking into tubular k member control arms and coil over set up but I dont have the money for MM stuff is UPR any good I am not looking to drag race I want the car to handle turns great. Is there any other brands that are between MM and UPR as far as price and quality. I know you get what you pay for but there has to be something reasonable out there.:scratchchin

R

·
0 Posts
I have a lot of work in the front end to do and I am looking into tubular k member control arms and coil over set up but I dont have the money for MM stuff is UPR any good I am not looking to drag race I want the car to handle turns great. Is there any other brands that are between MM and UPR as far as price and quality. I know you get what you pay for but there has to be something reasonable out there.:scratchchin

FWIW I have a UPR K-Member......

It has survived several seasons of wheel standing drag racing without any signs of stress or wear.......

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
UPR is really good, it's right there with MM in terms of quality.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but is for daily driving I am not so intrested in drag race but more for everyday driving and possible track days road racing. I have found UPR 699.99 for the kit with arms and coil overs is there different kits for drag and road race applications?

·
Registered
25 Posts
when i talked to the guys at QA1 about this exact topic, they basically said they are recommended for drag racing only, but there are plenty of cars out there with a bunch of miles logged with a tubular k member and they wouldn't worry about putting one on.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I am looking for is somebody who drives theirs around because the last thing I need is to have it break or stress because of daily driving but I really like the weight benifits aswell as possible more clearance for long tubes later.

·
Registered
148 Posts
my buddy has the qa1 on his 96 gt and he say he hasn't had any problems and he daily drives it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.