Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one yet?? I was told that it did not require a tune, hopefully that's right. I wanted a Steeda but I am not going to spend 700.00 on 27 hp......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had the K&N CAI in my V6 for about 3 months and no problem. Tune not required and no ECL. Can definately feel hp and torque increase.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
K&N is fine without tune... $700 for 27 RWHP is cheap... sorry to be the one to let you know... :winks

Regarding emissions I have been told that in some counties they open your hood and then you'd be screwed... if they don't it should pass as it runs cleaner; more air > better burn! Espesially with a tune!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kj_cinci said:
K&N is fine without tune... $700 for 27 RWHP is cheap... sorry to be the one to let you know... :winks

Regarding emissions I have been told that in some counties they open your hood and then you'd be screwed... if they don't it should pass as it runs cleaner; more air > better burn! Espesially with a tune!
Is it really?? I am new to this whole getting more HP thing :worship I have always been satisfied with the speed of my past GT's...I don't know what happened to me:laughlitt Thankfully me county has no emissions testing so thats not a problem!! Thanks for the info!!!!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nghtrnnr said:
yeh...some guys spend 4000 dollars on 75 extra horses
S/C right? I was told that 700.00 was 2 much for that gain from my Brother,Dad and Husband...I think they just don't want me to have the extra speed :kooky: any time I want to do a mod I'm coming to you guys :worship

G

·
I am not sure you can get 27 more HP with no tune. I wld like to see a dyno of this.

You get me 30 more rwhp and I'll pay $1000, no problem.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I think the refered 27 was for CAI + Tune... at least that's how I read, and replied, to it...??

RF, you can get a NOS kit, good for up to 200 more, for less than a 1000 bucks... :happyhapp Don't put a 200 shot on your stock motor though! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kj_cinci said:
I think the refered 27 was for CAI + Tune... at least that's how I read, and replied, to it...??

RF, you can get a NOS kit, good for up to 200 more, for less than a 1000 bucks... :happyhapp Don't put a 200 shot on your stock motor though! :rolleyes:
Correct the 27 hp was the tune and the CAI....:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
K&n CAI and tune

:winks I installed K&n CAI and felt the deferents An then had car tuned at Racersedge in downey calif first run stock with K&N MAX power 282.43 MAX torque 302.41 after tune 91 oct MAXhp 286.77 MAX torque 311.98 sctx2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.