Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K & N CAI shipping to me. Anything I need to know to install? Any speical torx bits or anything I need? I hate to take things apart and then have to put it back just because I need a special tool.

·
Registered
95 Posts
bigplayrayr said:
I have a K & N CAI shipping to me. Anything I need to know to install? Any speical torx bits or anything I need? I hate to take things apart and then have to put it back just because I need a special tool.
Install is a piece of cake. All tools are included.

If you're in a cold climate, do yourself a favor and install the rubber cushion around the heat sheild inside your house before you take your car apart. It'll save you time and keep you warm.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my1ststang said:
Install is a piece of cake. All tools are included.

If you're in a cold climate, do yourself a favor and install the rubber cushion around the heat sheild inside your house before you take your car apart. It'll save you time and keep you warm.
Install wasn't that bad, sometimes the pics were hard to decipher. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Keep your orignal parts so when you take off the k&n and reinstall the original air box. I found K&N used to hot of air and killed the fuel milage. I talked to k&n and they said that it really wasn't a cai I sold it for 50. bucks The original air box is cai. I used a highflow flat instead. Alll k&n did was it looked good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts