Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some tips from vert owners on how they are keeping their vert tops in good condition. Specifically, I have some dark smudges on my vert where the top folds down, right rear, passenger side. I never lower or store my vert when the top is wet. The smudges are kind of greasy. I know you aren't supposed to do any spot cleaning. Okay, the truth is, it's really not that noticeable but I KNOW it's there and it's driving me batty. :eyebulge: Are there any special products or should I just keep using my regular car wash stuff (Mcguires)?

· Registered
1,910 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
The Mustang's top is made of vinyl. The most important thing to look for is a product that offers UV protection. The thing that will kill a vinyl top is the sun. I don't know how much this one will cost to replace, but at $1200 (parts and labor) for my previous mustang, anything you can do to preserve the vinyl is to your benefit.

· Registered
13 Posts
I use my normal Zaino Z7 car wash all over and then use Aerospace 303 protectant on the top. It has the UV protection and keeps it looking clean longer.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
05GTvert said:
I use my normal Zaino Z7 car wash all over and then use Aerospace 303 protectant on the top. It has the UV protection and keeps it looking clean longer.
-- Aerospace 303 protectant?? - The UV protection is important, and NOT using Armorall is important as well.

· Registered
394 Posts
I've looked at SEVERAL websites and the 303 products are the best it seems. They also have an interior cloth protectant that is good for over a year on just one application. I'm going to get some to protect my parchment seats. Already have the vinyl protectant on order for the parchment top! :)

· Registered
184 Posts
I second the motion for 303, I've been using it for years on Jeep stuff and hot tub cover, boat and SeaDoo stuff. The only thing I don't like is you have to re-treat pretty often. If you don't, it washes off pretty fast. You can usually get it cheaper in bulk from a marine supply place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.