Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some tips from vert owners on how they are keeping their vert tops in good condition. Specifically, I have some dark smudges on my vert where the top folds down, right rear, passenger side. I never lower or store my vert when the top is wet. The smudges are kind of greasy. I know you aren't supposed to do any spot cleaning. Okay, the truth is, it's really not that noticeable but I KNOW it's there and it's driving me batty. :eyebulge: Are there any special products or should I just keep using my regular car wash stuff (Mcguires)?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
cloth or vinyl

I have heard Raggtopp products are the best on this and other forums. They have two specific formulations for cloth and vinyl tops. The question is which type is on the Pony?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Mustang's top is made of vinyl. The most important thing to look for is a product that offers UV protection. The thing that will kill a vinyl top is the sun. I don't know how much this one will cost to replace, but at $1200 (parts and labor) for my previous mustang, anything you can do to preserve the vinyl is to your benefit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use my normal Zaino Z7 car wash all over and then use Aerospace 303 protectant on the top. It has the UV protection and keeps it looking clean longer.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
05GTvert said:
I use my normal Zaino Z7 car wash all over and then use Aerospace 303 protectant on the top. It has the UV protection and keeps it looking clean longer.
-- Aerospace 303 protectant?? - The UV protection is important, and NOT using Armorall is important as well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've looked at SEVERAL websites and the 303 products are the best it seems. They also have an interior cloth protectant that is good for over a year on just one application. I'm going to get some to protect my parchment seats. Already have the vinyl protectant on order for the parchment top! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I second the motion for 303, I've been using it for years on Jeep stuff and hot tub cover, boat and SeaDoo stuff. The only thing I don't like is you have to re-treat pretty often. If you don't, it washes off pretty fast. You can usually get it cheaper in bulk from a marine supply place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts