Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to decide on a supercharger ill run 8psi max and will do it with the sct mail order tune chip i have stock 2.73 gearing and all the other mods in my signature its mostly a street car but i might hit the track twice a year.

i dont care about how hard to install,gas mileage,price,or dyno charts.

i will also do upper and lower control arms and a little better tires for traction.

im aiming for the thrown back in the seat feeling would be impressed if i hit a high 12 sec.

THE CAR IS FOR THE STREET!!!

btw ima buy it used

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
With your Mods a V3 hands down, throw a front mount air to air Intercooler and 3.55's and you'll be pulling HARD!!:bigthumbsup And high 12's will be a breeze with street radials, I'd set my sights higher to high 11's with slicks, you'll be there!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
For a street car, I'd go with the Kenne Bell for the instant torque off of idle. Max boost at 2000 rpm, whereas the Vortech makes max boost at max engine rpm.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
id love to have the twin screw sound not the whine of a centrifugal

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
He already has a Cobra intake, heads etc.. just bolt up a self oiling V3 Vortech and rip the pavement up!

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you actually want to go fast and get good times get the vortech for sure. If you want to burn Tires and throw a bunch of smoke around then go with the KB unit. Either way it will be time to scrap them 2.73's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.