Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you install a kenne bell coupler? cause i think i need one,my clacking noise wont go away,its the only thing i think of :weeps please help me.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Want an easy way of doing it, sell it and get youself a Whipple Charger or even a Pro Charger. Truthfully your going to have, nothing but problems with the Kenne Bell. Got rid of mine, too much down time 2.8L, Mike. SCT Tuner:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
342 Posts
Want an easy way of doing it, sell it and get youself a Whipple Charger or even a Pro Charger. Truthfully your going to have, nothing but problems with the Kenne Bell. Got rid of mine, too much down time 2.8L, Mike. SCT Tuner:bigthumbsup
Now that's real helpful. And truthfully, if a Kenne Bell supercharger is installed correctly, and maintained faithfully, it will be just fine! The single biggest cause of coupler failure is overfilling the blower with oil, causing extremely high temps that melt the plastic coupler. Even "expert" installation shops can make the mistake of overfilling the unit with oil.

To the OP, unfortunately I can't answer your question. I've heard it's not that difficult, but not having done it, I'll let somebody else who has answer that, or you could contact Kenne Bell directly and see if they can help you out.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was overfilled for about a week

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.