Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a Kenne Bell on my 2000GT... there is a supplement to the instructions where it describes grinding down part of the block... Is what I have in the picture what they are talking about... I'm wondering because some of the items like the fuel rails seem to be the 01 and later models and this part of the block looks smaller than what is shown in the directions...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
i would try fitting the kenne bell on there and see where it makes contact so you'll know what to grind down. I've never heard of anyone grinding part of the block down before on a kenne bell install. Do you think you could type up the directions or scan them in so we could take a look and try to interpret what they are saying?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of ginding the block either but I did it... checked the clearance with the clay they included... all good... now if I can get the belt situation figured out I should be up and running by this weekend... the one they sent seems to be about an inch shorter than what it should be...really nice kit though...

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can raise one of the idler pulleys up. There are several holes for you to compensate for belt stretch and pulley sizes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i will try to attach a pic for you, i think if you have a windsor block you have to do it . i had to

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts