Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy whats to slap a supercharger on his 2000 Mustang GT. He has other mods, so its not like it's a bone stock car. What's gonna be the best buy, a Whipple, or a Kenne Bell? :im confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thank you :)

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Both are about equal, it may just come down to price...personally if I had mine to do over, I'd go with a hellion turbo kit, cheaper, more power, and easier to intercool = more power
Without a forged lower 10-12 psi is about the limit of any forced induction.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yeah a turbo would definetly be the way to go for power. But to answer your question, I would go with a Whipple Charger. If you were to go with a Kenne Bell and I have, when it breaks down and it will takes forever to get it back. I know too many people who went that route, then switched over to a Whipple Charger. I did on my 01 SVT Lightning, had a Kenne Bell and when it started giving me problems it took forever to get it back from Kenne Bell. Switched to a Whipple Charger, and haven't had any problems with it yet, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That's like asking what's better Northen Lights or Maui Wowie!!
They Both RULE!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
^haha:bigthumbsup

i say kb

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Alright, Whipple sounds like more wise of a choice :yelpleased:. Also, What would be the best brand for a turbo package? and what about a procharger?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Procharger's are great, but they are different from whipple and kenne bell, they make their power in the higher rpms, the other 2 are more lower rpm, all depends on what you plan to do with the car. For a street car I'd definitely go whipple.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
i can't believe nobody said this already, but whipple doesn't make a supercharger for the 2v motors. if you want to go with a whipple, you have to get tork tech's intake manifold and then put the whipple on that. kenne bell makes a direct fit kit (the 2.1L kit) that will bolt right on.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
lol im surprised no one said anything either. yeah definitely can't put a whipple on there too easily, and if you do get the tork tech kit, the whipple might be a little too strong for the factory internals, but i may be wrong on that one

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
ya i didn't even think about this. get the kb2.1 and the mamoth plenum:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
KB all the way!!!! Hellion makes great turbo kits, from what I've read. I'f I go FI later on, I've already decided on the KB.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
KB all the way!!!! Hellion makes great turbo kits, from what I've read. I'f I go FI later on, I've already decided on the KB.
kb2.8 mammoth with twin hellion 76mm turbo:bigthumbsup
this is what im doing. you should to op

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
The Fastest Turbo cars in the Coungtry run Precision head units including Tim Lynch!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
brutal you ever get any dyno numbers with your new setup?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok. wow. i'm retarded. anybody know what kind of horsepower increase a KB would pull off? how about a turbo. oh and btw, he's looking for an increase in bottom end torque

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I say go with the KB. Ive had a great experience with mine and its a blast. Also no issues, the car drives and runs great and very smooth. I gained about 180rwhp with the 2.1 intercooled kit.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
brutal you ever get any dyno numbers with your new setup?
The parts are still sitting in a box in my spare bedroom, haha!
My friend whose shop I'm gonna do the work at was ribbing me today about it, I told him I bought an Acer Ferrari Laptop last week and he said "What about the Vortech"? I'm about 85% done with all the parts including fuel system,intercooler etc.. need little stuff like oil lines,mounting hardware..
I'm gradually gonna build power and get the tune dialed in, gonna start with a 3.25 pulley and in the coming months go down to about a 2.9, so the first Dyno runs aren't gonna be earth shattering, I wanna see how much Boost I can make running the Front Mount Air to Air, some setups loose more than others but it's a worthy trade off for a denser cooler air charge! :bigthumbsup Mid May I'm crossing my fingers!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
sounds pretty sweet man! obviously post up a thread with the results when you're done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.