Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 2.1 non-intercooled kit,when i start it up when its cold their is a squickey noise,dont know if its the belt or the pulley,but when its warm it makes no noise :headscratch: anybody have an idea? other than that is runs very good.

·
Registered
446 Posts
are you sure its the S/C making the noise??? when was the oil in it changed last? i would say if you still have the stock belt then i would put it on bypassing the SC and let it idle and see if you still hear the noise. if you do then take the belt of completely and let it idle if the noise is gone you deff have an acessorie thats making the noise

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the oil is a week old in it,i will try to listen more :scratchchin

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont think so but i will check it,whats wierd is i took that insulater from under the hood off then it started to make noise,cause the pulley was rubbing on it

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was rubbing on the insulater but i took that off,i dont see any rub marks on the hood, ah this sucks lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would bet $100 its your tensioner pulley...those seem to squeak alot with the added tension of a S/C....mine does the same thing squeaks when cold but once the engine warms up it goes away....either the tensioner or the idler pulley....but id bet money on that

·
Registered
446 Posts
you could always WD40 the bearings on your pullies and see if one of those is the culprit... i know my tensioner does this when its humid or wet out only when the engine is cold

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.